Trainee Gynaecology Oncology Nurse Specialist
George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Job Title -Trainee Gynaecology Oncology Nurse Specialist
Hours per week- 30 hours per week
Salary-£43,742 - £50,056 pro rata
Closing Date- 17th December 2023
Interview Date- 5th January 2024
This post may close early due to high numbers of applicationsso you are advised to apply promptly.
All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email; please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas.
A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertiseand enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day.
Main duties of the job
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive / highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, barriers to understanding.
- Facilitate communication, which results in clear responsibilities being identified within the multi-professional team.
- Communicate very sensitive, complex condition related information to patients, relatives providing empathy and reassurance.
- There is a requirement to exchange verbal and written information with patients, staff and carers requiring tact and diplomacy.
- To co-ordinate the patients journey, acting as a key worker, and lead on patient communication issues..
- Ability to lead change and lead new ways of working.
- To be responsible for the assessment of needs, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care in line with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and reflect the Trusts policies, procedures standards and guidelines.
- To demonstrate the skills for assessing and interpreting specialist acute and other patient conditions, taking actions as appropriate.
Here at George Eliot our vision to'excel at patient care'takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are:
Effective Open Communication
excellence and safety in everything we do
Challenge but support
Expect respect and dignity
Local health that inspires confidence
Benefits:On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.
This post will provide a comprehensive highly specialist service to Gynaecology oncology cancer patients throughout their care pathway including the overarching responsibility for the support of patients living with and beyond cancer.
The post holders will work closely with the Patients, Consultants, Macmillan, Gynaecology oncology team including CNS teams and relevant MDT members maintaining and developing nurse led services for the management of patients throughout their pathway from referral to ongoing treatment and living with and beyond cancer.
Experience & Knowledge
Skills and Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).