Senior Pharmacist - Head, Neck & Orthopaedic (RRP Package)
Wye Valley NHS Trust
This job is now closed
**RELOCATION EXPENSES AVAILABLE**
This post will attract a Recruitment and Retention Premia** totalling £5,000 (payable in instalments over 2 years), plus a relocation package of up to £8,000 (subject to eligibility criteria). The RRP payment will be pro-rata for part-time employees.
We support flexible working options at Wye Valley and welcome applications for part-time and full-time positions.
** For further information and terms around RRP and relocation, please contact: email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Pharmacist with an interest in Head, Neck and Orthopaedics. The post involves leading the provision of medicines optimization to our Head, Neck and Orthopaedics teams in a varied and dynamic division.
The successful candidate will work closely with the ward based teams implementing the principles of the modern day ward round, using skills, knowledge and experience to directly impact on patient care.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- Lead and support the pharmacy Service provided to the Head, Neck & Orthopaedic Directorate, which includes Ophthalmology; Ear Nose & Throat (ENT); Maxillofacial, orthodontics & oral surgery; and orthopaedic surgery.
- Implement and lead the pharmaceutical support for the modern Elective Surgical Hub (ESH) that is due to be opening May 2024, in order to support the National elective recovery plan. This will include two new day case surgery theatres and an ophthalmology theatre.
- Be involved in the operational delivery of the clinical pharmacy service at Wye Valley NHS Trust and be a role model to junior pharmacy staff and support their development.
- Support 7 day clinical services to the Trust on a departmental rotational weekend rota basis (currently 1:5), including Bank Holidays. Although not formally part of the Pharmacy on call team this post holder may be asked to contribute.
- Lead on evidence-based prescribing advice to ensure effective, appropriate, sustainable, cost-effective and safe use of medicines and promote patient-centred care for all patients.
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT , the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Worcestershire is our neighbouring county. The post holder will be required to travel between sites.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: "The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff; a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential."
Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.
Please click on the attached job description and person specification for more information on the role and responsibilities.
Education & Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).