Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
The NHS is the biggest employer in Europe. It's a world-renowned institution and an exciting place to work, full of challenges and opportunities.
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital (RJAH) is one of the leading specialist orthopaedic hospitals in the country, with some of the highest levels of staff and patient satisfaction, as well as a strong reputation for innovation. We work together as a team of over 1,600 expert members of staff to make a difference for our patients and their families.
Our latest CQC Report was published in February 2019 and saw us rated as 'Good' overall and 'Outstanding' for care.
Who we're looking for :Ward Housekeepers
Permanent - Various position available: Hours of cover are Monday to Sunday12midday to 6.30pm
We have various shifts patterns available - 15 hour , 30 Hour &Weekend only shifts.
Open Day for the role has been booked for Monday 12th September 11am-2pm RJAH Meeting Room 1 - Main Entrance - This is to discuss the role, what it entails and the importance of the role within the trust.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a dedicated and caring person to take pride in ensuring a safe and clean ward environment and contributing to patient care and the patients experience.
The role itself is physically demanding but rewarding. Experience of cleaning in the work place and hospitality would be beneficial. This position is in addition to the domestic positions on the ward and will involve a range of duties.
Our aim is to aspire to deliver world class patient care, and we want talented, dedicated and passionate people to help us achieve this.
Our continued success is accomplished through the skills and expertise of our staff, which is underpinned by our values: Friendly, Caring, Excellence, Professional and Respect. If your values align to ours, and you would like to join us in aspiring to deliver world class patient care, we would love to hear from you.
Joining RJAH is more than just a job - we want our people to have the best opportunities to thrive in their role.
Whether you're starting out in your career, or have a wealth of experience - we're always looking to recruit outstanding individuals in a range of clinical areas, as well as support and administrative roles.
We have a range of fantastic staff benefits on offer to everyone who joins RJAH and you'll have access to state-of-the-art facilities and outstanding professional development opportunities.
RJAH has strong links with a range of universities including Staffordshire, Keele, Glyndwr, Chester and Birmingham.
Shropshire is also one of the most attractive parts of the country, with a rich historic culture and excellent transport links. The hospital is located on a site outside Oswestry, just off the A5. The nearest train station is in Gobowen, approximately two miles from the hospital. The station is part of the Chester to Birmingham line.
- To maintain cleanliness and appropriate storage of equipment and furnishings within the ward area as defined by Trust approved cleaning responsibility document.
- To support effective cleaning by ensuring the ward environment is free from unnecessary items or equipment.
- Work to NHS and Trust policies and standards of cleanliness and the required work frequencies as per schedules provided.
- To support, as required, enhanced cleaning provision including increased frequency of rooms and bays as required by Infection Prevention & Control Standards.
- To ensure the ward kitchen(s) are kept clean, tidy, and stocked and that fridge temperatures are monitored daily. Responsible for returning temperature record sheets to housekeeping manager monthly.
- To ensure the ward kitchen is managed in line with Food Safety Policy and Procedure, including adhering to stock control, labelling, allergen management and other relevant guidance.
- To support the delivery of meal and beverage service and, as required, ad hoc requests to support patients nutritional needs for example collecting additional meals or snack from the main kitchen or restaurant.
- To support in non-clinical duties in relation to patient needs.
- To ensure the correct use of chemicals for the type of surface and finish, making certain the handling, storage and safe usage are in line with the COSHH regulations, data sheets and training given.
- To adhere to all aspects of Infection Control in all areas of work, including the use of colour coded equipment to ensure there is no spread of infection.
- Responsible for observing and monitoring the condition of the environment you clean and report any defects that will prevent you from carrying out your duties via the Trust Estates reporting mechanism.
- Responsible for assessing the condition of all equipment you use and report any defects observed to ensure its continued quality and safety and reporting defects via the Trust Estates reporting mechanism.
- Responsible for maintaining clear and accurate records providing documentary evidence that cleaning has taken place.
- To respond to any actions that may arise from cleaning, infection control, or other relevant audits.
- Responsible for reporting of incidents, accidents and near misses that occur at work via the use of Datix.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in strict accordance with the handling and moving training received to ensure your personal health and safety and that of others.
- To ensure all tasks are completed using the risk assessments and safe systems of work as instructed by your Housekeeping Manager or Deputy.
- To ensure patients privacy and dignity is maintained throughout your work.
- Report any problems that might arise from your duties.
- Responsible for ensuring security of stock whilst also monitoring and managing the stock levels and re-ordering on a weekly basis or as required.
- Ensure that the assigned area of work is left secure by ensuring that where necessary all windows and doors are closed or locked, alarms are set and that lights are turned off.
- Co-operate fully when new methods of work or frequencies of cleaning are introduced.
- Demonstrate own activities/tasks to new employees on a work shadowing basis.
see attached Job Description for full details.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).