Bank Doctor in Anaesthetics
East Cheshire NHS Trust
The closing date is 11 June 2023
East Cheshire NHS Trust is looking to recruit Bank Doctors of all grades in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine to enhance our Medical Staff Bank. Applications are welcomed from doctors to work on an ad-hoc basis to help provide consistent, high level patient care and to assist with the continuity of care that the Trust provides.
You will support highly experienced and dedicated team of 9 Consultants, 3 Associate Specialists, 8 Speciality Doctors, 2 ST3+ and 2 CT trainees providing a comprehensive quality service in this modern District General Hospital.
As this is 'Bank' work, it is on an 'as and when' basis with no guaranteed hours, however it does offer doctors increased flexibility by selecting shifts to work around their lifestyle.
Please note, you must have a minimum of 6 months NHS/UK experience.
Bank rates are subject to change (hourly rate inclusive of 12.5% annual leave payment)
IMT/ST1/2/CT £45 Social Hours/£55 Unsocial Hours
ST3+ £75 Social Hours/£85 Unsocial Hours
Specialty Doctor £75 Social Hours/£85 Unsocial Hours
Consultant £90 Social Hours/£100 Unsocial Hours
**Due to the terms of a Bank contract, we are unable to meet the criteria for Skilled Worker (Tier 2) sponsorship for visa purposes**
Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit suitably qualified doctors to work across all grades for work rangingfrom a single shift to an extended post, with evening, weekend and on-call shifts available. Full Registrationwith the GMC is required, as well as having achieved the appropriate level of competencies tocarry out the role you have been employed to do. Duties within the shifts which you arebooked to fulfil are:
- To liaise between nurses, other clinicians, patients, relatives in order to support safecare
- To attend and participate in board rounds, ward rounds and other related daily unitactivities
- To provide appropriate workplace supervision to other staff as and when needed asrequested
- To maintain high standards of professionalism, especially in relation to documentation
- To arrive on time for the shift and be available for work from the arranged start time
- To co-operate with the workforce deployment team in relation to administration of theshift
- To attend local induction as appropriate when working in new areas
- To comply with all local policies, including upholding the trust's values and behaviour
Doctors joining the Trust Medical Bank will be expected to complete pre-employment checks inclusive of GMC registration, satisfactory references, health clearance, enhanced DBS check identity and right to work checks.
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment at this time, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters so that we can manage individual and environmental risks, and so that we can support those who may be undecided about vaccination. If you are unvaccinated there is helpful advice and information at https://www.eastcheshirehrdirect.nhs.uk .
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.
10 May 2023
Hospital medical and dental staff
Doctor - other
Depending on experience As appropriate to Grade
Victora Road, Macclesfield
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies by time of appointment in line with GMC standards/Good Medical Practice
- Good clinical care
- Maintaining good medical practice
- Good relationships and communication with patients
- Good working relationships with colleagues
- Good teaching and training
- Professional behaviour and probity
- Delivery of good acute clinical care
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge & judgement & prioritise clinical need.
- Demonstrates appropriate technical competence with potential for developing strong/complex clinical/diagnostic skills e.g. CPR, infection control, physical examination, history-taking
- Demonstrates understanding of the principles of audit, research and evidence-based practice, with potential to contribute to research
- Shows aptitude for practical skills, e.g. hand-eye coordination, dexterity visuospatial awareness
- Attendance at relevant courses, e.g. ALS, ALERTS or equivalent
- Evidence of relevant academic & research achievements , e.g. degrees, prizes, awards, distinctions, publications, presentations, other achievements
- Evidence of active participation in audit
- Evidence of contributing to teaching & learning of others
- Evidence of participation in risk management and/or clinical/laboratory research
- UK Experience
Fitness to Practice
- Is up to date and fit to practise safely
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
East Cheshire NHS Trust
Victora Road, Macclesfield
https://www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Medical Staffing Co-ordinators
Medical Staffing Team
East Cheshire NHS Trust's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)