Driver Training Officer
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Are you an experienced and fully qualified emergency response driving instructor looking for a new challenge?
During 2024, due to internal staff changes, we are looking to recruit a DERADI qualified Emergency Response Driving Instructor to work on a full-time basis of 37.5 hours per week. Chiefly working from our Thornbury training site, this role will enable the right candidate to join an established, dynamic, highly experienced team.
The work our team undertakes is critical to the functioning of our service. We train new Paramedics and Emergency Care Assistants response driving skills which they will use everyday to reach our patients quickly and safely. We also deliver a wide range of specialist training such as 4x4 off road driving, trailer training and convoy response.
If you'd like some more information about the role please feel free to contact Matthew Reece (email: email@example.com )
Main duties of the job
To apply for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be fully a fully qualified and experienced DERADI Emergency Response Driving Instructor
- Be currently qualified as an emergency response driver (hold an approved Ambulance, Police or Fire service certificate) with recent operational driving experience
- Be a fully registered Approved Driving Instructor (ADI)
- Hold a full valid GB driving licence with a C1 category entitlement
- Must not have more than 3 penalty points on your driving licence and no more than 3 on a SWAST internal driving licence [SWAST employees].
- Fulfil DVSA Group 2 medical licencing standards
- Must have driven emergency response within last 18 months.
- If a SWAST employee, you should have the support of your line manager to apply for this position
Working for us is an experience like no other. We provide emergency and urgent care, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, operating across the largest ambulance region in England and responding to an average of 2,650 incidents every day.
We remain committed to ensuring that we provide the best possible care for all our patients, which is reflected in our new five-year strategy which has continually improving patient care at its very core.
The role is based in Bristol, a lively yet laid-back city with top class shopping, street food, dynamic events and friendly festivals and excellent national and international transport links.
If you embody our values of one team, compassionate and innovative and are looking to make a real difference to peoples' lives, then we would love to hear from you.
In return we will equip you with the skills and resources you need to thrive in your role.
You will have opportunities to progress to roles across the Trust and enjoy continuous professional development.
- Competitive NHS salary
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus general and public holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Pay enhancements for out of hours, shift and overtime working
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Career and salary progression
- Car leasing scheme
- Free parking across Trust sites
- Staff networks
- Wide range of discounts from various organisations across the UK
For further information about this role please see attached the job description and person specification attached.
Education and qualifications
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).