Ambulance Dispatcher - Exeter
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 03 March 2024
Opportunities have arisen within South Western Ambulance Service in the Clinical Hubs for Dispatchers. The successful candidates will be integral members of the 999 control room team with responsibility for the effective deployment and management of Trust vehicles to emergency and non-emergency calls across the Trust area.
Part-time hours will be considered through the flexible working application.
The role is 24/7 365 days a year and we work shifts to achieve this. Please visit the additional information for an example shift pattern.
All shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre, date TBC.
*Unsocial will be paid under Section 2 of NHS Terms and Conditions. Please see attached A4C Handbook for more details.
Main duties of the job
- 4 GCSEs at C grade or above, including English (or equivalent)
- Good keyboard skills
- Good oral communication skills
- The ability to be tactful and diplomatic as required is also necessary
- Be prepared to work shifts (24/7 rota providing cover on weekends, nights and bank holidays)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
What we can offer you
- Starting salary of £25,147
- Unsocial hours enhancements (In accordance to NHS Terms and Conditions Agenda for Change section 2)
- Generous NHS Pension Scheme
- 27 days annual leave plus additional bank holiday leave allocated
- Access to the trust staying well service, offering emotional support such as counselling specialist trauma work and a range of other advice and information services offered through statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Significant career progression opportunities within the Clinical Hub and wider trust.
For more information on this role, please watch the following video https://vimeo.com/742557522/ff44b2ea37
Working for us is an experience like no other. We provide emergency and urgent care, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, operating across the largest ambulance region in England and responding to an average of 2,650 incidents every day.
We remain committed to ensuring that we provide the best possible care for all our patients, which is reflected in our new five-year strategy which has continually improving patient care at its very core.
The role is based in Exeter, one of the most vibrant, attractive and historically interesting cities in England, with excellent transport links and a great mix of independent shops, cafes and bars.
If you embody our values of one team, compassionate and innovative and are looking to make a real difference to peoples' lives, then we would love to hear from you.
In return we will equip you with the skills and resources you need to thrive in your role.
You will have opportunities to progress to roles across the Trust and enjoy continuous professional development.
- Competitive NHS salary
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus general and public holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Pay enhancements for out of hours, shift and overtime working
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Career and salary progression
- Car leasing scheme
- Free parking across Trust sites
- Staff networks
- Wide range of discounts from various organisations across the UK
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).