Patient Experience Administrator
Croydon University Hospital NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Reporting to the PALS Manager, this post forms part of the Patient Experience Team to support the delivery of the Trust's Patient Experience and Public Engagement Strategy and vision to ensure 'Excellent Care for all' through the delivery of safe, effective and high quality services, that ensure the people who use our services, their families, carers and visitors receive a positive experience and are provided the opportunity to co-design and improve services.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for:
- providing practical and administrative support and facilitation across the Patient Experience and Engagement teams to support effective systems and processes
Croydon is a large borough with the highest number of young people of any London borough. It is diverse with over 200 languages and dialects spoken locally, which reflect the cosmopolitan nature of the people we serve.
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is an integrated community and acute Trust covering a large acute hospital, a smaller community hospital and multiple services across the community.
The Trust aspires to provide patient and families with a first class experience, listening and learning from what our stakeholder, patients and families tell us about our services. This role is pivotal to this aspiration and therefore and important part of the wider job we do.
- To participate in the team rota for coverage of the PALS telephone and window, acting as PALS receptionist (approximately 27.5 hours per week direct patient/public facing work by telephone and face to face).
- To participate in the team rota for logging of new PALS and Complaints cases on the Radar system as well as researching patient details on various trust systems such as Cerner EPR.
- To be responsible for maintenance of stationery and supplies and liaise with various Trust departments to ensure the Patient Experience and Engagement Teams have the resources required for service delivery, including administration of the procurement system for the team, ordering stock and raising purchase orders as required/requested.
- In support of the Senior Patient Experience and Engagement Manager undertake photocopying and preparation of documentation as required, acting as the secretariat for Patient Experience Group, including uploading documents to Teams and minuting meetings.
- Under guidance of the Patient Experience & Engagement Leads, to co-ordinate, organise, and minute (when necessary) other meetings as required by the Patient Experience and Engagement Teams for the purpose of engaging with the general public for patient experience investigations (Family Resolution Meetings) or obtaining service feedback from patients and staff focus groups.
- Support the Patient Experience & Engagement Leads in helping to track QI related to Patient Experience & Engagement and escalating when projects become stalled whilst liaising with the CQI team for expert advice on newly proposed projects.
- To assist in the co-ordination of Patient Experience & Engagement campaigns and learning events.
- Support in the dissemination of key Patient Experience & Engagement information within the Trust.
- To ensure that all enquiries are dealt with in a polite manner and that an appropriate response is initiated and followed-up appropriately.
- Liaise and maintain pleasant and collaborative working relationships.
- To be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of data in accordance with Trust policy.
- To follow Trust and team policies/procedures, identify waste and defects where they exist, and propose changes to practices when necessary.
- To provide assistance to colleagues as required under the guidance of the Patient Experience & Engagement leads when requests do not fall within the aforementioned points.