Croydon University Hospital NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Dental Nurse Band 4 - Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Croydon University Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a Band 4 (GDC registered) Dental Nurse to join our friendly, busy and multidisciplinary team who cover Restorative, Orthodontics and Maxillofacial dental nursing and patient management
The post holder will be fully supported by the Senior Dental Nurses, Dental Nurse Specialists, RGN's & multidisciplinary team to undertake all relevant aspects of the role.
This post is open to all Dental Nurses looking for progression in their career, in the field of Dental and Maxillofacial, and we have excellent developmental opportunities.
So come and join us! We would love to hear from you!
Your nursing career - your choice!
Interviews: 8th January 2024
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a well-organized team member who:
- Has a good understanding of evidence based practice
- Is able to use their own initiative, be accountable but also work well in a team
- Is able to lay out, clear and reset dental equipment, ensuring that all infection prevention and effective control measures are met
- Can organize their workload to give timely and appropriate care, recognizing when appropriate to share
The post holder will provide a high standard ofcare by:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care
- Working closely with the department/ward manager, and multi-disciplinary team members, in monitoring and maintaining policies, standards of nursing care, staff and service development within the department/ward environment
- Carry out all relevant forms of care under supervision and when proficient, demonstrate procedures of care; supervise junior qualified and/or unqualified staff including student nurses, all whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust.
Around 4,100 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.Our main hospital site, Croydon University Hospital is one of the busiest in London. We're also leading the way in providing more healthcare outside hospitals at clinics, specialist centres and in people's homes.
Our experienced district nursing teams, Allied Health Professionals and community matrons look after people of all ages across Croydon.Across the NHS everyone is working hard to meet growing demand and we're no exception. But with the right people on board, we are rising to this challenge, putting our people in the driving seat, encouraging innovation and transforming our services to give local people the quality of care they deserve.
Croydon Health Services puts a great deal of importance on education and training throughout the careers of all of our staff.If you want the opportunity to have a real impact, challenge yourself and be part of an NHS Trust that's making a real difference, then a career at Croydon Health Services could be just what you're looking for.
***Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in the job description and person specification***
Essential and desirable
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).