Quality Governance Team Assistant and Personal Assistant
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
- We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to work within a dynamic, supportive team as part of the Quality Governance Team at the Royal Berkshire Hospital. The post-holder will act as a Personal Assistant to two senior members of the team, the Associate Chief Nurse for Workforce, Improvement and Standards and the Head of Compliance. In addition, the post-holder will assist the Head of Compliance in all matters relating to Care Quality Commission compliance within the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust. As one of three administrative assistants within the Quality Governance Team, the post-holder will have opportunities to learn new skills and knowledge working across several disciplines within the NHS Quality, Compliance and Improvement field.
- For more information about the post please contact Karolyn Baker, Associate Chief Nurse 01183228021
Main duties of the job
- To act as personal assistant to the Associate Chief Nurse and Head of Compliance. within this role;
- Participate and assist in organising and maintaining work diaries and schedules, electronic or otherwise and manage electronic email inboxes for above two post-holders
- Provide a full range of secretarial and administrative support including photocopying, typing, word processing, database management and generating routine correspondence
- Preparing agendas, taking minutes and distributing notes of meetings including typing up of group discussions and interviews as necessary
- Prepare all relevant papers for the daily appointments for the Associate Chief Nurse and Head of Compliance. Participate in bringing forward systems for progress chasing outstanding issues, comments and action
- Preparing, collating and circulating papers and reports for meetings
- Be proactive and forward plan agenda items and supporting papers for regular meetings
The Town of Reading sits on the River Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford, and Southampton. With excellentleisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work, and play and provides excellent facilitiesfor families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.The CQC recently rated the care provided by The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as good.
Our values; Compassionate, Aspirational, Resourceful, Excellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated andtalented staff to make this happen.
- To act as a key member of the Quality Governance Team administrative staff and in this role;
- Organise and maintain manual and electronic information systems to ensure that information is kept securely and is accessible to other members of the team paying due regard to data protection legislation and NHS guidance within the Quality Governance Team
- Receive telephone calls for members of the Quality Governance Department when they may be out of the office and use initiative to deal with phone calls and messages in a professional manner
- On behalf of the Department liaise with the Human Resources Department for jobs that need advertising within the department e.g. uploading job descriptions to the HR system, setting interview dates
- Raise requisitions, obtain authorisation as required and process payment of invoices and part orders, in line with the electronic order and invoicing system and in accordance with the Trusts Instructions
- Maintain departmental structure chart and ensure departmental phone list up to date
- Provide monthly download from central system on departmental appraisal and mandatory training compliance rates
- Upload data for departmental staff to Trust sickness and holiday monitoring system (Optimise)
- Progress chase reports which are being produced on behalf of the teams
- Jointly with other members of the team, maintain a pleasant working environment and present a professional and helpful manner when dealing with colleagues and visitors. Work with colleagues to continually strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Acting as a point of contact for teams, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).