Care Group Director of Finance (INTERNAL)
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
- To lead the Care Group financial management teams in providing
financial support and analysis to all budget holders and stakeholders
- To lead on financial forecasting and budgeting processes
- To lead on financial reporting, providing strategic financial interpretation and advice
- To ensure the development of efficient and robust procedures and systems throughout the department and promote good financial control within the
Main duties of the job
- Develop and lead the financial management team to provide expert and high quality financial advice and support to the organisation
- Work closely with the Directors of Operations and service lines to support them in managing their financial positions and forecasts
- Lead the financial management team to provide support and expertise in identifying and costing cost improvement initiatives.
- Be responsible for maintaining a budgetary control environment, balancing the autonomy of service lines with the requirement to carefully manage overall expenditure for the Ensure that all business decisions are made in line with the Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions and procurement rules.
- Oversee the provision of high quality financial support to the development of business cases and their
The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest District General Hospitals in the country. The hospital achieved Foundation Trust status on 1st June 2006. It was the first Foundation Trust in the South Central Strategic Health Authority. The Trust has a successful track record of delivering high quality acute medical and surgical services for 500,000 patients across West Berkshire, an area extending from Newbury in the west to Henley-on-Thames in the east, and including Wokingham and parts of Hampshire to the south and parts of Oxfordshire to the north. The Trust is Reading's biggest employer.
- Lead the development and improvement of systems and processes for reporting, improving the accuracy and speed with which information is produced as well as the accessibility, quality and depth of the information for budget holders and decision-makers.
- Ensure that accurate, timely and relevant financial information is provided to the Chief Executive, Trust Board, the Finance and Investment Committee (FIC), EMC, Care groups and Managers on the performance of the Trust and the relevant Service Line / budgetary
- Lead on the monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Develop and improve the methodology for and accuracy of forecasting, working towards understanding and ownership of monthly forecasts by service lines and departments
- Develop strong working relationships with the Human Resources function to ensure that workforce and ledger information are aligned. Ensure that workforce plans submitted to NHS Improvement are robust and develop improved forecasting of staffing and pay expenditure, including agency expenditure
- Develop and improve financial reporting to Care groups and the Board to support informed decision-making.
- To liaise with NHS Improvement on the Trusts quarterly returns and financial forecasts, resolving any issues or queries.
- Financial Management for assigned corporate work eg capital programmes
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).