Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Come and join our friendly Community Nutrition and Dietetic Team delivering Diabetes care to the Nottinghamshire area.
Our team of experienced Diabetes Educators, Dietitians, Dietetic Assistant Practitioner, and Clerical staff all work together to deliver a wide range of nutrition and dietetic services in the community. This includes structured education programmes to people with Diabetes across community venues delivered as face-to-face sessions and online virtual groups. Our commitment to professional and service development ensures that we deliver evidence-based patient-centred care to improve patient outcomes and experience.
We adopt an open culture and supportive team approach, ensuring the wellbeing of all staff. We provide regular clinical and non-clinical supervision, and professional development opportunities.
Main duties of the job
- Provide Structured Diabetes Education (DESMOND) to service users throughout Nottinghamshire.
- Utilise well-developed presentation and education delivery skills.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Employ excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluating of intervention within the service.
- Apply evidence-based health improvement theories and models to programme areas.
- Working within multi-agency partnerships.
- Utilise skills to influence, negotiate and motivate.
- Adopt a flexible and creative approach to delivering a range of health improvement programmes.
- Employ good time management and organisational skills.
- Provide support, supervision, and line management to other staff.
- Use effective interpersonal skills when working in challenging. environments to elicit behaviour change.
- Employ IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Teams, email, and databases.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with Trust policy.
- Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic approach to work.
- Work independently using initiative and organise workload.
- Maintain professional development including DESMOND accreditation.
- A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post; however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes.
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcare
This role is to be part of the award-winning Nottinghamshire Team of Diabetes Educators. Our Educators find delivering the DESMOND course incredibly enjoyable, fulfilling, and rewarding. You will work as part of the team within the Nutrition and Dietetic department, under the direction of a Dietetic Team Leader, to provide high quality evidence-based diabetes structured education for people with Type 2 Diabetes. Providing content information isnt the only focus for the course; you will support individuals with type 2 diabetes within the group to reflect on their current thoughts and feelings about their diabetes and its impact on their lives, actively consider the health risks they face and work towards setting realistic behavioural goals through action planning.
Within this role you will also be responsible for supporting the development, planning, co-ordination, delivery, and evaluation of the diabetes structured group education for newly diagnosed Type 2 patients.
You will work within the wider Nutrition and Dietetic department on other projects and opportunities to support the team and trust to focus on both personal and service development.
Knowledge, Skills & Aptitudes
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).