Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for substantive positions as Consultants in General Anaesthesia, preferably with a specialist interest in bariatric surgery. We are keen to attract a motivated hard working colleague who shares our vision to maintain a cohesive department, focused on excellent patient care and outstanding multidisciplinary team working.
These are new posts of 10 PAs (potential for more), with flexible sessions in anaesthesia as well as sessions in subspecialty anaesthesia.
Main duties of the job
Alongside DGH surgical specialties, we support:
- A regional spinal surgery service 24/7 for Somerset, North Devon.
- North Somerset patients and tertiary care for Dorset. Total population for out of hours cover 1.2 million.
- A county-wide vascular service 24/7; to include East Somerset ( all elective and emergency work) and North Devon (all elective and emergency work) alongside Taunton and Somerset catchment.
- A region-wide specialist obesity and bariatric surgery service for the population of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall, circa 2,000,000.
- Critical Care - currently 18 beds, but expanding to 22 beds by 2024.
- Anaesthetic Support for 24/7 PCI and 24/7 Interventional Radiology service.
- 'The Beacon' Oncology unit, providing comprehensive cancer services from a dedicated modern facility, to the population of Taunton and Somerset.
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust is the first NHS trust on the English mainland to provide community, mental health and acute hospital services. We work with health and social care partners in Somerset to ensure that we deliver outstanding services that meet the needs of our population.
As an organisation, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust offers employees a wide range of benefits including flexible working, NHS pension scheme, generous annual leave allowance and a commitment to career development.
You will be eligible for our Blue Light Card and a wide range of NHS exclusive shopping & leisure discounts.
We are proud of our skilled, diverse workforce and as an inclusive employer we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Working in Somerset enables you to enjoy the idyllic countryside, areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable.
Somerset offers the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Please find attached the job description and person specification.
The content of the job plan can be tailored to provide rewarding opportunities to the right individuals, however as this is a pain medicine post the applicant must meet the essential criteria set out in the full job description.
These posts are primarily based at Musgrove Park Hospital. Somerset NHS Foundation Trust now includes Yeovil Hospital, so there may be opportunities in the future for cross-site working.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).