Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Assistant to join our team based at Rowan Ward in Yeovil!
This is a full time permanent role.
Main duties of the job
You will provide the cleaning of the Unit following a planned, methodical approach in order to ensure all areas are included. Examples of areas cleaned are toilets, bathrooms, bedrooms, lounges, offices, external patio areas and the immediate external vicinity of entrances.
You will be responsible for providing food for patients on the ward.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
As part of the Ward Cleaning Schedule and cleaning products listing, ensure the safe storage and use of cleaning products.
- Maintain cleaning equipment to a high standard, for example: mop heads being cleaned regularly and equipment regularly cleaned and maintained.
- As required by the Ward Manager undertake the regular monitoring of cleaning standards using the approved checklist.
- Undertake the provision of a meals and beverage service. All catering services are based upon a bought-in meals service, this means there is no cooking. The correct type and number of frozen meals are reheated and vegetables cooked. The work covers the full provision of meals from kitchen to table, including serving and washing up (via dishwasher). Full training will be provided.
- The handling and safe storage of all waste. This will include the handling of bagged clinical waste in addition to recyclables and general waste.
- Undertake laundry duties this includes receiving / putting away of deliveries, and removing soiled linen to the storage area.
- As and when necessary the ordering of cleaning materials, ordering of catering items including frozen foods, simple stock control (overseen by Ward Manager).
- Participate in training as directed by the Ward Manager. This would include training in cleaning techniques and mandatory training such as Food Hygiene, Fire Safety, Moving & Handing together with a willingness to undertake an NVQ in Housekeeping to develop a broader knowledge and skills base on Ward.