Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An opportunity has arisen to join our friendly and supportive Trauma and Orthopaedic Department at Musgrove Park Hospital as a Medical PA, working with others to offer excellent patient care to our patients.
Main duties of the job
You'll provide secretarial support to our orthopaedic consultants, junior medical staff and other colleagues as needed, working alongside other members of the administration team and providing supervisory support to junior colleagues as required.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and typing skills, which are essential for this role. You must also be able to work as part of a team as well as using your own initiative.
If you think you would be the right person for this role then we would welcome your application.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
- 2Check workload in specialty, delegating work within team
- Be responsible for working with the Secretarial manager in devising and implementing action plans to ensure the team meet Trust targets and standards. Anticipate and report unavoidable potential breaches to Secretarial Manager. Undertake transcription of urgent jobs as appropriate to avoid backlog /breaches
- Monitor patient access, e.g. ensure clinics are full to capacity,
- Represent secretarial staff at Departmental and Trust meetings
- Organise departmental Business/Audit meetings, take Minutes where necessary
- Organise Consultant diaries, arrange appointments, co-ordinate meetings
- Organise and produce clinical on call rotas
Please also see job description for full details.