University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a highly organised, self-motivated Medical Secretary to work within Cardiology.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent keyboard and audio typing skills. They will be expected to deliver and maintain a professional secretarial service to a Consultant Cardiologist and/or medical staff and other clinical staff within the department.
This role involves working as part of a team, but also on their own initiative, striving to offer the best service to our patients. You will need to be flexible and adaptable, possess excellent organisational skills whilst maintaining a friendly disposition and excellent telephone manner.
This position is Full Time based at UHD Bournemouth but we are open to considering flexible working/Job share, however the successful applicant may be required to provide cross cover to colleagues based at Poole hospital or locations across University Hospitals Dorset.
Base Location: Bournemouth
Interview Date: TBC
Main duties of the job
- Typing clinic/additional letters to GPs, patients and other Allied Health Professionals.
- Provide a fast, accurate audio typing service using the Trust electronic systems. Excellent Proof-reading skills
- Covering other secretaries during periods of absence.
- Clinic preparation.
- Diary Management.
- Process referrals and booking appointments.
- Relieve the Consultant of administrative tasks not pertaining to clinical work, wherever possible.
- To ensure the values of UHD are maintained and practised on a daily basis ensuring all patients are treated with dignity and respect to ensure a high standard of service is maintained.
General administration duties, as required.
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued teammates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
This means that some services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have about this at interview.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert