Band 4 Administrator - Anaesthetics
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
What's in it for you?
* Employed one the largest employers with a worldwide and enviable reputation-- which is recognised for providing 1st class care
* To be part of team where you are valued, and your opinion and ideas make a difference
* Public sector pension
* Paid overtime with enhanced rates of pay for evening, weekends, and bank holidays
* Access to onsite Temporary employment bank -- where additional shifts can be selected
* Access to ESR -- payroll and benefits programme to track your rewards
* A comprehensive induction, on-going training, and development to include support with degree and vocational qualifications
* Shopping Discounts (via Blue Light card)
* Free access to any latest vaccinations such as Covid and Flu
We are the NHS. We provide the care and services that you, we and our families would want to use.
At University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB) our teams are committed to building healthier lives -- this starts with our non clinical support functions. These crucial service delivery teams allow the Trust to function and give first class care to our Teams and Patients.
Main duties of the job
The Anaesthetic and Critical Care medical workforce department will be based at Heartlands hospital; however as the role will also require you to cover services at QE on an ad-hoc basis.
Your responsibilities will include;
* the production and publication of the weekly anaesthetic and critical care rota
* booking of locum Doctors to cover the Junior Dr gaps.
* updating and monitoring sickness, holidays and training
* provide admin support for the anaesthetic operational and governance meetings therefore experience of taking notes at meeting is required
* report writing, drafting of letters, and replying to correspondence
* planning and delivery of the Junior Dr's induction events
Working closely with all colleagues across the department and reporting to the Team Leader, you will be a key member of this team will have a direct and positive impact on how we care for our patients within the hospital.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the role will see you liaising with healthcare professionals of all levels across the Trust. You will be able to work proactively to problem solve and work on your own initiative. In addition, you will have substantial experience of working in an administration function where you developed your administrative skills.
You will have strong IT skills and experience of working with rotas as this is the main aspect of your role.
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can;Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity; removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
As a key member of this team, you will see a varied workload, which can be challenging -- however being able to use your own initiative and multitask in an efficient manner whilst maintaining a caring and helpful attitude underpins everything you do - to make a difference to your team and the patients that rely on us to care for them.
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*