Band 6 Respiratory Physiotherapist
This job is now closed
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for an experienced physiotherapist to join our multidisciplinary respiratory care team in North West Surrey. To succeed in this post you will need experience of managing patients with respiratory disease.
The successful candidate must have good communication and organizational skills with a flexible approach to meet the ever-changing needs of the service. Experience of working autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team is essential.
Physiotherapists are an integral part of this multi-disciplinary team. We support unplanned admission avoidance where appropriate, provide post discharge support, community clinics, home visits and are involved in Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Ambulatory Oxygen prescription, a home Non-Invasive ventilation service, research and other innovative schemes.
The current climate has brought about new innovative ways of working which have enhanced the quality and variety of service delivery provided both now and in the future.
We are offering an opportunity to build upon your specialist knowledge and skills in the area of respiratory care while also offering the opportunity to further develop and underpin these skills by undertaking further education around respiratory disease.
Main duties of the job
Please see the attached job description and personal specification for more details and requirements for the role.’
CSH Surrey are part of the NHS and are Surreys largest and longest established NHS community services provider, so our 1500+ employees get NHS pay and pensions, and also receive the Fringe High-Cost Allowance of 5%.
Our staff enjoy excellent training and development opportunities, including the care certificate, apprenticeships, numeracy and literacy courses, access to the Nursing Associate programme, and a wide variety of management and leadership courses and programmes.
We CARE about our staff though through our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our active employee council called The Voice, elect employee representatives to ensure colleagues' voices are heard at Board level. CSH is a diverse organisation, if you are a passionate, person-focused individual then apply to join CSH Surrey today!
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds who meet the essential criteria of the job you are applying for and if you require any reasonable adjustments, please contact the named individual for this advert, or our recruitment team.
12 May 2023
Agenda for change
£35,391 to £42,503 a year Inclusive with 5% HCA, both are pro rata per annum if part-time
Full-time, Flexible working
The Health Centre
1. To undertake comprehensive physiotherapeutic assessments and to plan and execute treatment of patients with chronic respiratory problems in outpatient, clinic and community settings. These patients may have complex needs, both physical and emotional, including co-morbidities and may be at any stage of the disease process, including end stage.
2. To take an active role in the supervision and teaching of physiotherapists, nurses and other members of the multidisciplinary team regarding respiratory problems across the Trust.
3. To be responsible as an autonomous practitioner to undertake a significant specialist clinical workload.
4. To be an active member of the respiratory care team, including participation in supporting unplanned admission avoidance where appropriate, providing post discharge support, community clinics, home visits and Ambulatory Oxygen prescription.
5. To have responsibility for providing pulmonary rehabilitation sessions, both face to face and virtually for patients with respiratory conditions across NW CCG.
6. To contribute, once able, to the provision of an effective high quality Home Non-invasive Ventilation service
7. To participate actively in evaluating the quality and effectiveness of care delivered and make recommendations for changes.
8. To undertake evidence based projects, including recommendations for change in practice and to lead where appropriate in departmental evaluation/research.
- Diploma/degree leading to inclusion on the Health Professional Council Physiotherapy Register
- Evidence of continued professional development, with courses relevant to respiratory care
- Minimum of 2 years relevant post-registration experience
- Understanding of the issues currently affecting the NHS
- Understanding of risk management
- Knowledge of the clinical governance agenda
- Research and clinical audit experience
- Mentorship or teaching experience
- Experience and evidence of ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Specialist Respiratory Knowledge
- Experience of working in the community
- Ability to assess, deliver and evaluate high quality care
- Effective communicator
- Teaching skills
- Leadership skills
- IT and data entry skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work effectively
- Ability to develop new skills that are
- appropriate to the role
- Ability to work under pressure
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience of clinical supervision and appraisal
- Adapt positively to change
- Car driver with a valid license to drive in the UK with access to transport to be used for business purposes
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
The Health Centre
https://www.cshsurrey.co.uk/about-us/about-csh-surrey (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact:
Respiratory Care Team Lead