South West London VCSE Alliance Director
Croydon Voluntary Action
The closing date is 09 February 2023
South West London Integrated Care System (SWL ICS) are looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Director to lead the development of the Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Alliance across our six boroughs. The post will be hosted by Croydon Voluntary Action (CVA) as the lead organisation for the development of our Alliance in South West London.
Main duties of the job
This exciting role will help accelerate and support our partners across the VCSE sector to be an integral part of our Integrated Care Systems (ICS) governance and decision making and be the key link between the VCSE and other strategic partners within the ICS in the boroughs of Croydon, Merton, Kingston, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth.
The post holder will be a conduit for the development and embedding of robust partnership working with VCSE partners and wider health and care system facilitating understanding, shared learning and intelligence to plan and deliver joined up health and care services for residents in South West London.
On 1st July 2022, NHS South West London Integrated Care Board (ICB) was established. The ICB, as part of South West London Integrated Care System (ICS), is a partnership of organisations that come together to plan and deliver joined up health and care services to improve the lives of people in our six boroughs: Croydon, Merton, Kingston, Richmond, Sutton, Wandsworth.
Each ICS consists of two statutory elements:
- An Integrated Care Board, bringing the NHS together with its partners locally to improve health and care services
- An Integrated Care Partnership (ICP): broad alliance of organisations and representatives concerned with improving the care, health & wellbeing of the population, jointly convened by the ICB and local authorities.
ICBs are statutory NHS bodies responsible for planning and allocating resources to meet the four core purposes of integrated care systems (ICSs):
- to improve outcomes in population health and healthcare;
- tackle inequalities in outcomes, experience and access;
- enhance productivity and value for money;
- help the NHS support broader social & economic development.
NHS South West London ICB decides how the South West London NHS budget is spent and develops plans to improve people's health, deliver higher quality care and better value for money.
Croydon Voluntary Action (CVA), hosting the role, is the local infrastructure organisation for the voluntary sector. Our aim is to build stronger communities for social change by supporting citizens and community groups.
- To be a strategic link between the Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector and partners within the South West London Integrated Care System (SWL ICS) supporting communication
- To work in partnership with the SWL ICS
- To be an enabler and a conduit for the development and embedding of robust partnership working within all levels of the new health and social care structures
- To facilitate understanding and shared learning and intelligence between sectors to ensure that A) the VCSE plays a key role in the joint transformation of systems and services improving the health of people & communities B) the full potential of the VCSE sector is maximised with the new ICS structures as a strategic partner and delivery partner to transform health and care services for local people
- To work in collaboration with the SWL ICS to ensure people and communities feeds into decision making mechanisms
Draft core responsibilities
- Lead the development of the VCSE alliance in consultation with and accountable to the South West London VCSE (SWL VCSE) leadership group
- Act as a liaison between the VCSE, the NHS and the local authority, supporting effective dialogue and communication between all partners.
- Elevate the voice of the VCSE; acting for and with the sector.
- Provide a leadership role to ensure the voluntary and community sector is an equal partner in the system.
- Develop a culture of shared learning, intelligence and good practice across sectors.
- Develop the SWL VCSE leadership group and its infrastructure, including terms of reference and onboarding strategy in consultation with the existing leadership group with support and line management from CVA.
- Oversee all communications within the VCSE relating to the ICS and VCSE alliance, and support the flow of information and intelligence around the system.
- Identify gaps in representation and leadership and work across the system to fill these.
- Provide advice and guidance to key strategic stakeholders in the ICS from NHS and local authority about the value and roles of the VCSE and how they can contribute to the aims of the ICS.
- Provide expertise and information on ICS priorities, strategies and processes, to the VCSE sector.
- Ensure changes within the ICS on behalf of the VCSE are in line with national policy and ensure that the programme maximises the use of national opportunities.