MSI Reproductive Choices
This job is now closed
We are looking for a Consultant Anaesthetist who will report to the Associate Clinical Director Anaesthesia, the purpose of the role is to deliver anaesthetic care to clients.
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Main duties of the job
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment, respecting and collaborating with all individuals equally, and with a commitment to overcome bias and prejudice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a demanding workload, including high turnover client care
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Computer literate
At MSI UK, we know that our most valuable asset is our people, and our success depends on our ability to do things well and enjoy what we do, as we provide the best possible care and support to our clients.
Being one of the worlds leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare, we have a simple vision: to empower clients to make the reproductive choices that are right for them. Only when choice is a reality for each of us, can we create a better, more equal world for everyone.
Our client-centred care philosophy means respecting our clients as active partners in their own service, caring about who our clients are, their experiences, and how they feel before, during and after they access care with us.
Were proud to be a disability confident level two equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity / expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
MSI UK is committed to safeguarding: promoting the welfare and safety of everyone involved in the delivery or receipt of sexual and reproductive health services, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Contract type: Sessional
Day rate: £1250 per day
Personal Attributes for the role:
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
- Enthusiastic, positive, determined, assertive and diplomatic
- Calm under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative
- Sound judgement
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to client centred care
- Motivated by the achievement of high clinical standard
- Pro-choice on abortion
- In agreement with MSIs philosophy of minimal intervention; social enterprise; and cost recovery
- Commitment to personal development
We consider applications as we receive them and reserve the right to close adverts early where we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you feel this is the role for you, why not apply now to ensure you're considered for this role?
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).