Patient Experience Lead
Peace Hospice Care
This job is now closed
The role of Patient Safety & Patient Experience Lead is in place to lead, develop and manage patient safety and experience initiatives across the organisation to ensure patients and service users receive high quality safe and effective care in line with CQC standards. You will work from Grove House, St Albans, however working at all Rennie Grove Peace offices will be required on occasion so a car and driving licence will be essential.
- Salary: £43,742 - £50,056 per annum (pro rata)
- Hours: 30 - 37.5 hours per week
- Closing date:6 December 2023 at 12 noon
Applications will be reviewed and invited to interview as received. We reserve the right to close the advert at any time, therefore we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Main duties of the job
The purpose of the role is to lead, develop and manage patient safety and experience initiatives across the organisation to ensure patients and service users receive high quality safe and effective care in line with CQC standards.
At Rennie Grove Peace Hospice Care, we're all about making every moment matter for our patients and families, and you can play your part in that. We will support people of all ages who are affected by a progressive life- limiting illness and those who care for them, to live as well as possible by providing choice and ease access to a wide range of palliative care and bereavement services across West Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We provide care and support for adults and children diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illness, and their families, visiting day and night. Its important work and, to make it all happen, we need talented and passionate people.
If successful, you will join on the first working Monday of the month so we can best support you with our structured induction programme.
We encourage and strongly recommend our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are delighted to announce that the proposed merger between Rennie Grove Hospice Care and Peace Hospice Care commenced on1 July 2023. The new organisation has been incorporated and is called Rennie Grove Peace Hospice Care.
You'll be response for:
- Leading and managing patient safety initiatives including implementation of the Patient Safety Incident Response Framework (PSIRF) across the organisation ensuring a consistent and thorough approach to incident investigations and learning.
- Coordination of reviews and responses to incidents in line with PSIRF ensuring timely and accurate reporting to national bodies.
- Overseeing incident management processes, ensuring all incidents are reported, investigated, and lessons are learnt to improve practice.
- Promoting a culture of safety that encourages transparency, incident reporting, and continuous learning.
- Supporting staff training sessions and workshops to raise awareness of patient safety, PSIRF, and promoting best practice.
- Improving patient experience ensuring the patient and service user voice is heard and valued within the organisation.
- Designing, implementing and evaluating initiatives aimed at improving patient experience while meeting national standards and regulations.
- Developing and monitoring the organisations approach to capturing real timer user feedback experience.
- Working with services to improve the patient and user experience of care.
- Supporting oversight of the complaint process ensuring investigations are conducted in a thorough and timely manner.
- Working in close partnership with the multidisciplinary teams, service leads, and patients to identify opportunities for improving safety and experience.
- Acting as the key point of contact for matters related to patient safety, experience, and PSIRF.
- Building Rennie Grove Peace understanding of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements ensuring compliance for all staff.
- Acting as a Rennie Grove Peace ambassador, actively demonstrating our values and positively promoting the specialist care we provide.
Please review the attached job description for more information.
Knowledge and skills
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).