Care Home Care Coordinator
Hartlepool & Stockton Health [H&SH]
This job is now closed
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to work innovatively with a range of partner organisations to enhance the experience of patients within the area, and work collaboratively with the clinical team to help design and refine the way we improve care in care homes.
Main duties of the job
You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide an Enhanced Health in Care Home service to care home residents.
At Hartlepool and Stockton Health GP Federation our guiding aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of local people. Relationships are key to everything we do and by working with our practice members and their Primary Care Networks, as well as other local partners, we strive to provide excellent services that help people to live their best lives.
As part of this support, we are hosting this job advert on behalf one of our member PCNs, BYTES Primary Care Network.
BYTES Primary Care Network is a group of GP practices including Barwick, Yarm, Thornaby, Eaglescliffe and Stillington working together to improve the provision of integrated healthcare services and address health inequalities to over 53,000 patients across the network.
The address listed on the job advert is the lead practice, but the job will require you to move between practices and care homes within the PCN.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide an Enhanced Health in Care Home service to care home residents
- Attend weekly care home MDT meetings, this may also include help in planning the MDT meetings and ensuring that actions are recorded, coded appropriately, and completed.
- Liaise with all clinical and non-clinical members in the MDT to ensure effective MDT function.
- Support the Clinical Lead for this work stream through providing administrative support, where required.
- Manage reporting required and associated within the DES specifications for required services.
- The care-coordinator would deal with the daily queries received from the care homes, seeing the queries through to completion and linking in with the relevant clinicians to enable this completion which will include the GPs, pharmacy technicians, social prescribers, first contact practitioners and clinical pharmacists.
- Support the development of a PCN-wide Winter Pressures Plan for our care homes, supporting the rollout of Flu Vaccinations, Covid Vaccinations, and blood tests.
- Signpost practice team members, service users and carers to relevant services including Social Prescribing.
- Liaise with other stakeholders as needed for the collective benefit of patients including but not limited to Patients, GPs, Nurses, other practice staff and other healthcare professionals including pharmacists and pharmacy technicians from provider and commissioning organisations.
- Develop excellent working relationships with all partners, wider service networks including the voluntary sector, GP practices, adult social care, hospitals, community pharmacists and other members of the MDT
- Providing a point of contact for both staff and patients in coordinating care and will help to deal with incoming queries.
- Support patients to access personalised care and support plans, in line with best practice.
- Ensure regular and consistent communication with care homes regarding patient progress and any complications, including supporting the coordination of ward rounds.
- Provide these cohorts of people signposting to identified services to maintain their independence and improve their health and well being
For further details, please see the attached Job Description document.
Knowledge and Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.