Trainee Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
We are looking for keen and inquisitive Trainee Advanced Clinical Practitioners to develop the competencies and academic requirements to function at advanced practice level in line with the hospices intended service development plans. This is an exciting development opportunity to build on existing skills and develop the higher level of advanced practice expertise to make a difference in an award winning palliative care charity.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicants will build on existing skills and develop the higher level of advanced practice expertise to enable them to identify, assess, diagnosis, treat and manage patients with palliative needs. During the training period, under the guidance and supervision of a medical and/or advanced clinical practitioner supervisor, the post holder will learn and practice how to exercise complex levels of judgment, discretion and decision making in clinical care developing and consolidating learning over time.
The post holder will make appropriate use of the latest evidence base to supervise practice, audit clinical care, and hone teaching skills to ensure expert support for professional colleagues. Additionally, our TACP will learn and practice how to bring a proactive influence to multidisciplinary team meetings internal and external to the hospice, increasingly imparting knowledge in a range of innovate ways to improve standards of end of life care for all patients on end of life pathways.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families both in the community and in-patient units.Our Benefits
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our workplaces offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate about what we do
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
12 January 2023
Depending on experience Aligned with Agenda For Change Band 6 / 7
56 London Road
Pilgrims Hospice In Thanet
The Trainee Advanced Practitioner will, whilst undertaking training, develop their scope of practice to advanced level. The trainee will advance their clinical knowledge and expertise in the principles and practice of palliative care to demonstrate the attainment of skills and competencies required as an Advanced Practitioner in the field which includes competence and confidence for the assessment and clinical management of palliative patients with the most complex clinical needs. During the training period the post-holder will develop towards practicing as an autonomous practitioner accountable and responsible for their own actions and omissions in line with the relevant professional code and guidance on advanced clinical practice. The practitioner will be expected to develop their skills in educating others and in appraisal and utilization of the research base to direct practice on a day to day basis and to influence service development.
Skills and Abilities
- Conversant in the use of Microsoft Office application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates positive leadership skills.
- Strong time management skills Up to date knowledge of current palliative care issues.
- Understanding and support of the benefits of clinical supervision and reflective practice.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Palliative care experience.
- Experience of working with a patient-centered philosophy of multi-professional team working.
- Experience of formal and informal teaching.
- Experience of standard setting and audit.
- Previous experience at band 6 or equivalent within a specialist palliative care setting.
- Registered Professional
- Independent Prescriber specific to Palliative Care; or willing to complete within one year of commencing employment. Have a scope of practice to prescribe high dose controlled drugs.
- Undertaken mentorship training.
- Relevant degree or working towards an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice, Palliative Care or equivalent.
- Healthcare Leadership.
- Completed advanced clinical examination skills training.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
56 London Road
For questions about the job, contact:
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)