Physiotherapist - Canterbury
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
Do you have a background in physiotherapy ?
Do you want to develop your current skills and be part of a pro-active multi-disciplinary and professional team, who put excellent patient care as their priority?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment of thriving on positive change and making a difference to those with palliative and end of life care needs?
Are you passionate about supporting and empowering patients to live well until their very last moment in their life?
If so, then the role of Physiotherapist at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
Pilgrims is seeking a well-motivated and forward thinking Physiotherapist to join the multidisciplinary team (MDT), to support our patients in East Kent. The successful candidate will be involved in delivering physiotherapy services across our inpatient unit and outpatient services. You will have an opportunity to develop expert assessment and treatment planning skills within the in patient and outpatient settings.
Main duties of the job
- To work independently as part of a multidisciplinary team to diagnose, assess, plan and implement patient specific programmes of care/therapy contributing to the continuous assessment of patients.
- To function effectively across a variety of environments (e.g. clinics, care homes and patients homes etc.) involving changing and demanding conditions.
- To use a comprehensive range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients, and their families/carers, the diagnosis and treatment plan, that may be complex and sensitive, to help progress rehabilitation. This will include patients who may have difficulties with understanding or communication.
- To provide support and guidance to more junior members of the physiotherapy team.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families both in the community and in-patient units.Our Benefits
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our workplaces offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate about what we do
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The post holder will perform therapeutic assessment and treatment of patients with diverse presentation and complex physical, psychological and cognitive conditions. In addition Physiotherapists will develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme appropriate to the patients condition and contribute to the discharge planning process. _______________________________________________________________
Working Hours: 22.5 per week
Skills and Abilities
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).