Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
Are you a passionate individual with a proven background in HR looking for a new challenge?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Pilgrims Hospices has an excellent opportunity for highly-motivated HR professionals to join a team delivering expert HR advice and support in a rewarding role with an award-winning charity. As an HR Advisor, the post holder will support managers and deliver HR interventions across key business areas and will support the development of a high-performing workplace culture.
The post holder will partner with the non-clinical areas and business leads of our charity to support the delivery of our income generation, central services and domestic and catering activities.
Candidates should be experienced HR practitioners, qualified to CIPD level 5 or above, capable of acting autonomously and with a track-record of advising managers regarding complex HR issues. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, work well individually and as part of a team, have an outcome-oriented approach to work and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role would suit an experienced HR professional looking for a new challenge, or an HR Officer looking to take their next step in their career.
Main duties of the job
- Being responsible for several business areas providing dedicated, expert advice in relation to employee relations, absence and performance management and ensuring compliance with legislation and company policy.
- Acting as the first point of contact for managers within their dedicated business areas , including providing generalist HR advice.
- Providing advice to managers in relation to complex workforce matters and supporting performance management.
- Supporting in the development of HR related policies, ensuring HR practices reflect current legislation, best practice and supports the charity's objectives.
- Delivering training in HR practice developing the skills and management capability, ensuring managers are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills to succeed.
- Working in partnership with management to develop services and drive forward organisational strategy, delivering a tangible benefit to our service users.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme for eligible staff
- A subsidised staff canteen
- A good work-life balance
- Eligibility for Blue Light Card
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free hospice parking
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
Main Purpose and Scope of the Job:
As a member of the HR function the HR Advisor will support the Head of HR & Education in delivering a high quality, effective and efficient HR service. Working in collaboration with key stakeholders, the post holder will lead on developing policies and procedures, and develop the skills and capacity of managers to empower them to manage people issues effectively and independently and in line with Pilgrims CODE.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
Reports to: Head of HR & Education