Retail Stock Processor
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
Do you have stock processing background in Retail?
Do you want to develop your retail skills and be part of a pro-active professional team?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Do you want to experience a sense of achievement by knowing that every day you contribute to the provision of person-centred care?
If so, then the role of Retail Stock Processor at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
We are seeking well-motivated and forward-thinking professionals to join our team, in supporting the development and growth of our hospices across east Kent.
Main duties of the job
As a member of the Income Generation team, the successful candidate will be involved in corporate day-to-day activities supporting the quality, growth and success of a much valued charity.
Key duties include:
- Supporting the Retail Manager in processing stock of clothing, books, media, electrical, and bric-a-brac for a high volume store
- Ensuring sufficient stock is processed daily to maintain the required stock density in store
- Implementing and ensuring the growth or our Gift Aid scheme
- Ensuring the pricing policy for the shop is adhered to in accordance with the policies set our by the Retail Management
- Maintaining a high standard of merchandising and display in store, including the windows
- Organising and supporting the work of volunteers
Making recommendations for the development of and changes to working practices and processes as required
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness, and their family and friends, are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
This advert will be closed once sufficient applications have been received. This can happen quickly, so if you’re interested, please apply as soon as possible.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
As a member of the Income Generation function the Retail Stock Processor will support the Retail Manager in processing stock of clothing, books, media, electrical, and bric-a-brac for a high volume store.
Working in collaboration with key stakeholders, the post holder will lead on developing policies and procedures, and develop the skills and capacity of managers to empower them to manage people issues effectively and independently and in line with Pilgrims CODE.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Retail Manager
Location: Margate Discount Shop
Working hours: 21 hour per week
Please refer to the job description for further information.