Cook - Canterbury
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
Do you want to develop your catering skills and be part of a pro-active professional team?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Do you want to experience a sense of achievement by knowing that every day you contribute to the provision of person-centred care?
If so, then the role of Cook at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
We are seeking well-motivated and forward-thinking professionals to join our team, in supporting the development and growth of our hospices across east Kent.
Main duties of the job
• Preparing a variety of hot and cold food, cooked to a high standard.
• Producing nutritionally balanced meals for patients, staff and visitors according to a daily menu.
• Liaising with other professionals in respect of special diets, that might be required for individual patients.
- Ensuring the required standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Providing supervision and guidance to Catering Assistants.
- Deputising for the Head Chef as required.
- Maintaining paper and electronic records as instructed by the Head Chef.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness, and their family and friends, are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
This advert will be closed once sufficient applications have been received. This can happen quickly, so if you’re interested, please apply as soon as possible.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The role of the Cook is integral to the smooth running of the hospice kitchen. The Cook is responsible for producing fresh meals for patients and staff according to a daily menu as well as deputising for the Head Chef where appropriate. ____________________________________________________________________
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Head Chef
Responsible for: None