Occupational Therapy Assistant
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
Do you have a background in assisting in Occupational Therapy?
Do you want to develop your Occupational Therapist skills into a specialist role and be part of a pro-active multi-disciplinary and professional team, who put excellent patient care as their priority?
Are you passionate about supporting and empowering patients to live well until their very last moment in their life?
- Through holistic needs assessment
- Providing individually planned care informed by patient wishes
- Supporting patients and their families/carers to have open and honest conversations about their wishes for end-of-life care
If so, then the role of Occupational Therapy Assistant at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
Main duties of the job
As a member of the wider clinical team, the successful candidate will be involved in assessing and developing appropriate plans of intervention and support for patients and their families, acting as a resource in providing advice on active palliative care management.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free hospice parking
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The post holder will participate as a valued member of the Therapy Team, working under the guidance and supervision of a qualified Therapist. They will assist qualified staff in providing an efficient and effective service; ensuring patients receive the highest standards of care.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Occupational Therapist
Responsible for: None
For more information, please refer to the Job Description document attached.