Education and Training Admin Assistant
Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
Do you want to develop your administration skills and be part of a pro-active professional team?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Do you want to experience a sense of achievement by knowing that every day you contribute to the provision of person-centred care?
If so, then the role of Education and Training Admin Assistant at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
We are seeking well-motivated and forward-thinking professionals to join our team, in supporting the development and growth of our hospices across east Kent.
Main duties of the job
As a member of the Education team, the successful candidate will be involved in corporate day-to-day activities supporting the quality, growth and success of a much valued charitable organisation.
Key duties include:
- Working closely with relevant parties to ensure the smooth running of education and training bookings and courses
- Assist with welcoming guests to the training centre and with hospitality duties as and when required – including use of Dishwasher and light domestic tasks
- Be responsible for maintaining a high level of communication with external and internal customers, and all callers or visitors to the department.
- Regular review of Education pages on the hospice website and intranet to ensure they remain current and up to date
- Coordinate student nursing placements and visits for all sites
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness, and their family and friends, are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
This advert will be closed once sufficient applications have been received. This can happen quickly, so if you’re interested, please apply as soon as possible.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The post holder is responsible for assisting with ensuring the smooth running of the education and training department, based at the Ann Robertson Centre, Canterbury. This includes all administrative tasks and planning involved in organising both internal and external training events, maintaining databases for records, coordinating student nursing placements and maintaining a high standard of customer care through all mediums.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Training Manager
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Please refer to the job description for further information.