Pilgrims Hospices in East Kent
This job is now closed
Do you want to develop your catering skills and be part of a pro-active professional team?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Do you want to experience a sense of achievement by knowing that every day you contribute to the provision of person-centred care?
If so, then the role of Catering Assistant at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
We are seeking well-motivated and forward-thinking professionals to join our team, in supporting the development and growth of our hospices across east Kent.
Main duties of the job
- Preparation and serving of meals for patients, staff and visitors.
- Preparation of ingredients.
- Producing salads, sandwiches and other meals not requiring the expertise of a cook.
- Ensuring all cutlery, crockery, flatware and equipment are cleaned to appropriate standards, either by hand or through use of a dishwasher.
- Ensuring the required standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at all times within the department.
- Maintaining records as instructed by the catering manager.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness, and their family and friends, are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
This advert will be closed once sufficient applications have been received. This can happen quickly, so if you’re interested, please apply as soon as possible.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The role of the Catering Assistant is to work as part of the Catering Team under the supervision of the Catering Manager. The post holder must be able to work effectively as part of a team while also being able to exercise judgment when working alone, ensuring that all standards are maintained to the required level. ____________________________________________________________________
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Head Chef
Responsible for: None
For further information about the role, please see the job description.