This job is now closed
We are looking for an empathetic and compassionate individual to be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the Social Navigation model across Merthyr Tydfil.
To support people with cooccurring and complex needs to be able to manage their social care needs while experiencing unfortunate housing related circumstances. The service is an integrated part of the Councils Housing department and approach to supporting the residents of Merthyr Tydfil.
Main duties of the job
- To provide holistic, person centred support for adults experiencing social crisis.
- Utilising the Adferiads Wellbeing Programme to support individuals to address their immediate social crisis and enabling them to retain the tools they need to self-manage such situations in the future.
- Assisting clients in identifying the key areas in which they require support e.g. accommodation, social support, physical health, finance, and money.
- Identifying suitable remedies to address identified issues, including liaising with local services both statutory and voluntary as appropriate to ensure the best outcome for the individual.
- To develop a suitable directory of services to address the needs of those affected by social crisis within the local communities.
- Supporting vulnerable individuals to access appropriate services through the facilitation of an introduction wherever possible, including preliminary support work with the client to build their confidence and self-esteem.
Adferiad Recovery delivers a flexible and coordinated response to the exceptional circumstances faced by people with co-occurring mental health and substance use conditions and related issues. Vulnerable people facing complex life challenges need consistent and seamless support to ensure they remain engaged with vital health and wellbeing services and to prevent them becoming disenfranchised and isolated.
Adferiad Recovery harnesses the talents and experience of long-established and leading Welsh charities CAIS, Hafal and WCADA. Our combined expertise in the fields of substance use, mental health, housing, criminal justice, and employment support enables Adferiad Recovery to meet the needs of our most vulnerable with a single, unified, and comprehensive approach.
The post-holder will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the Social Navigation model across Merthyr Tydfil. Support people with cooccurring and complex needs to be able to manage their social care need while experiencing unfortunate housing related circumstances. The service is an integrated part of the Councils Housing department and approach to supporting the residents of Merthyr Tydfil.
FOR A FULL PERSON SPECIFICATION AND A CANDIDATE PACK, PLEASE ACCESS THE FOLLOWING LINK:http://adferiadrecovery.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=84195259-acb3-4574-ae87-e1ce3444f8ee