Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber - DAWS
This job is now closed
Substance Use Experience is an Essential Requirement.
At Turning Point we support people with substance use issues across the country. As a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber in our Central London Service, you'll make a real difference to the lives of those experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your nursing career. Our Drug and Alcohol Wellbeing Service DAWs offers support to individuals across Central London covering the City of Westminster and the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. You will work within a busy prescribing service under the supervision of our Clinical Lead and Lead INP to improve the wellbeing of a wide range of individuals.
As an Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber youll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol use, working with them to develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
Main duties of the job
As a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber, you will be involved with opiate substitute treatment, alcohol and opiate detoxifications and relapse prevention medications. As part of the wider Wellbeing Team you will also provide support to the nursing team providing Blood Borne Virus screening and vaccinations and will work closely with mental health, physical health and social care services. You'll also help to create a collaborative approach that links Turning Point ever closer to outside professionals and agencies.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job we offer you a career.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
(Please see attached Role Profile & Job Description)
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC Registration / GPhC Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future were proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People.Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. Youll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).