This job is now closed
We are looking to recruit 3 Care Co-ordinators within two Primary Care Network’s (PCNs) across the Stockport borough. These roles will involve working with patients with a range of presentations and also their families and carers.
The Care Co-ordinator role will be integral in overseeing the interdisciplinary care and will be responsible for co-ordinating a package of care and support from a variety of specialists who may be working with the patient.
Main duties of the job
As a Care Co-ordinator you will support all key activity across the PCN; supporting the PCN manager and associated practices by co-ordinating activity and providing an efficient, well organised administrative and operational support to the clinicians and managers in the network to ensure effective timely delivery of the PCN objectives.
These roles may involve working within the following areas:
· Learning Disability
· Older Adults/Dementia
· Long Term Health Conditions
Viaduct Care is the GP Federation and is a partnership of all GP practices across Stockport.
The federation was formed to empower local GPs to provide the best possible care for patients whilst tackling some of the challenges faced by General Practice by helping doctors and other healthcare professionals work together, share resources and expertise.
Our vision is to be consistently recognised for enabling the delivery of high quality patient centred healthcare, which is innovative, equitable, efficient, effective and contributing to a healthy population in Stockport.
Whatever stage you’re at in your career, we’ll provide you with the high-quality support you need to continue developing your skills, achieve job satisfaction and help shape the future of healthcare to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
· To work with the GPs and other primary care professionals within the Primary Care Network (PCN) to proactively identify and work with a cohort of people to support their personalised care requirements.
· Be responsible for running weekly EMIS searches for newly diagnosed long term conditions, contacting patient to arrange appointments, data collection and submission, filing, general admin etc.
· Bring together all of a person’s identified care and support needs and what matters to them; explore the options to address these in a single personalised care and support plan.
· Raise awareness of shared decision-making and decision support tools and assist people to be more prepared to have a shared decision-making conversation.
· Ensure that people have high-quality health information to help them make choices about their care.
· Assist people to access self-management education courses, peer support or interventions that support them in their health and wellbeing; explore and assist people to access personal health budgets where appropriate.
· Support the coordination and delivery of multidisciplinary teams within PCNs
· Contribute to increasing uptake of national screening programmes throughout the PCN.
· Provide coordination and navigation for individuals and their carers across health and care services, working closely with social prescribing link workers, health and wellbeing coaches and other primary care roles.
· To help patients to manage their needs through answering queries, making, and managing appointments
· Assist and coordinate practices in meeting PCN Des and Impact and Investment Fund (IIF) targets, and practice Quality Outcomes Framework (QoF) targets.
· Responsible for coordinating any joint projects, e.g. vaccination and any associated administration
· Co-ordinating information across the network to be shared on the PCN Websites, social media and to maintain updates to the Network social media platforms.
It should be noted that whilst this job description lists the main areas of responsibility, there may be additional tasks appropriately assigned by either the Clinical Director or PCN Lead Manager to this role.
Knowledge and Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.