The Retreat York at Hampden House Manchester
This job is now closed
For over 200 years, The Retreat has been a source of hope, comfort and care for people with mental health difficulties. We have a long and distinguished reputation for being innovators & world leaders in the field of modern mental health care. If youre driven by excellence, achievement, recognition and the reward that comes from making a positive difference, we would be like to hear from you. We have a head office in York but we have a new location in Manchester and we are looking for psychotherapists & psychologists to work on a sessional basis, to help us to meet the demand for our Manchester services. The Retreat Manchester at Hampden House provides community-based psychological therapy and assessment services, for children, young people & adults. Our sessional staff provide psychological therapy and assessment & we are looking for skilled and experienced self-employed therapists and psychologists willing to take on a small caseload of clients.
Main duties of the job
The focus of this role is on the day-to-day delivery of clinical excellence within the context of an established and expanding psychological therapies service. In particular, we are seeking sessional staff with specialist qualifications and experience in one or more of the following:- Therapeutic work with children and young people, including neurodevelopmental conditions CBT EMDR Psychological and mental health assessment Psychodynamic/integrative therapy Group therapy Assessment and therapeutic work with adults with neurodevelopmental conditions
Sessional staff hours are negotiable and variable, and they may include evenings and Saturday hours. Pay is dependent on qualifications and experience and is calculated on an hourly basis, paid on the basis of a timesheet and invoicing. Pay rates range from £40-£60 per hour, depending on experience, training, qualifications and service demand.
We offer excellent conditions of working at The Retreat; we value the people who work with us. Our values are focused on compassion, care and community. We are a great team to work with. The Retreat offers full administrative support, spacious, quiet, light and welcoming consulting rooms, IT support, electronic record keeping software and fully managed reception facilities. We also offer you free refreshments and a kitchen area solely for the use of our staff and contractors. We do not charge for mandatory training and we handle all of your bookings, allocating clients only after full discussion and agreement with you. We provide an area with connectivity to complete administrative tasks, make calls or simply relax in between appointments.
We would be happy to talk to you about what we offer and how you might be able to help us meet demand. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org further information
Purpose of the roleThe contractor will provide psychological therapy and assessments, for children and young people and/or adults, being responsible for their own caseload which may include groups and/or individuals and assessments, with day-to-day delivery of clinical excellence, ensuring performance and compliance requirements are met.
- Provide psychological therapy services to groups and/or individuals presenting with a wide range of psychological problems.
- If requested, assess new referrals, provide appropriate documentation and make appropriate decisions and referrals for ongoing treatment by appropriate treatment models.
- Evaluate and assess clinical practice and outcomes using appropriate and agreed evaluation tools.
- Manage challenging therapeutic work in a way appropriate to individuals and the ethos of The Retreat.
- Be responsible for own professional self-regulation and abide by the legal requirements and statutory rules relating to practice.
- Ensure all information regarding people using the service, activity, appointments and funding is logged, up to date and entered in the electronic records system.
- Complete all of The Retreats mandatory training and read and understand all of its key policies
- Invoice monthly in arrears, accounting for the fees charged
- Arrange own clinical supervision on a monthly basis
- Provide high quality therapy as measured by appropriate and agreed evaluation tools.
- Clinical record keeping, as measured by appropriate audits of defensible documentation
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
The Retreat York at Hampden House Manchester
For help with your application, contact:
02 June 2021
£40 to £60 an hour