Martello Health Centre
This job is now closed
Invicta Health are recruiting for a Receptionist to join the team working across our Marsh practices; Martello Health Centre, Church Lane Surgery and Orchard House Surgery.
Main duties of the job
As a receptionist, you will provide general administrative assistance to the practice teams, supporting reception and undertaking administration duties within the practice. You will project a positive and friendly image to patients and visitors either in person, via email or via the telephone and provide an important role in supporting the practice teams with clinical administration and day to day running of the practice reception team.
We are a non-profit company, with a passion for primary care. We have a wide range of services such as hub-based GPs services, GP surgeries, services in Urgent Care Centres and A&E, a Community Primary Care mental health service, GP staff training service and the list is growing all the time.
We are formed by a federation of General Practitioners working in Canterbury and South Kent Coast areas of East Kent. Our aim is to provide local, high quality services for local people by collaborating with other established organisations in the health and social care community.
- To work in accordance with written protocols
- Filing Lloyd George records that reception have been asked to locate by staff members
- Process outgoing mail created by the reception team
- Computer data entry/allocation and collation; process and record information in accordance with practice procedures
- Ensure low stock levels are reported to the relevant leads to ensure stock can be maintained e.g., stationary
- Any other administrative duties as needed
- Support the reception team to receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Answering the telephone in a timely & professional manner
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Booking appointments appropriately and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional, to include message taking
- Keeping the reception area, noticeboards, and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Opening and locking up of practice premises (where needed) and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols at all times.
- To action EMIS and Docman workflow in a timely manner
- To monitor the incoming E-Consult messages booking an appropriate appointment or directing to the most appropriate department
- Monitor the reception email account and action any requests needed and raise any urgent enquiries to your line manager
- Support the Quality Outcome Framework (QOF) lead with review appointment bookings
- Process any prescriptions needed in the absence of the prescribing clerks
- Process registrations, both regular and temporary, in the absence of the registration clerk
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.