Consultant Psychiatrist - Learning Disability (LD) Service
St Andrew’s Healthcare
This job is now closed
Full Time (part time / full time / flexible working will be considered)
Salary: Total package up to £150,000 depending on experience
Suitable for an experienced Consultant or someone due to complete their CCT in the next 6 months.
St Andrews is a not for profit Charity - we have no shareholders and any surplus we make is ploughed straight back into our services. We are part of the Specialist Provider Collaboratives in the East and West Midlands and are a member of the East Midlands Alliance. Our services in Northampton, set in 150 plus acres of woodland greenery are spread across 5 Divisions Medium Secure, Low Secure and Specialist Rehabilitation, Learning Disability and Autism, Neuropsychiatry and CAMHS. We have a number of unique specialist national services including our Deaf Forensic Service, Huntingtons Service, Secure Brain Injury Service, Older Adults Secure Services, Blended Womens Service (one of 3 National Pilots) and a specialist inpatient DBT service.
Make a difference for yourself and your patients!
We are looking for an individual who wants a role where they have the autonomy to make decisions that will help improve patient care and outcomes and has a passion about transforming care. Someone who wants to join an organisation and be a leader of a team who also shares this passion.
Main duties of the job
- Opportunities to progress Most of our senior medical managers started off as Consultants in the Charity
- Speciality Doctor and Physical Healthcare team support
- Infrequent non resident second on calls with 24 hour first on call cover
- We sponsored some of our doctors to undertake MBA degrees
- The chance to be part of a community of over 30 Consultants and 8 Clinical Directors on one site with a weekly multidisciplinary CPD and Grand Rounds programme that includes colleagues from the NHS
- Only 10 per cent of our Consultant Psychiatrist roles are occupied by locums. Our posts fill up fast
- Support in undertaking indemnified private practice and medicolegal work though our community partnerships
- Opportunities for joint roles with the NHS in some areas
- Teaching Opportunities for medical students from Cambridge and Buckingham as well as Trainees
- Opportunities for research with our Research and Innovation Team
- Class leading analytics and data monitoring with extensive integration with our Electronic Records
- Electronic Prescribing on all our wards.
- £1000 dedicated study allowance
- Located centrally in UK with great transport networks to London and the midlands whilst also having good schools and great value properties.
The Learning Disability Service in Northampton have an opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to develop and strengthen their experience within Autism & Learning Disability Division whilst having the chance to develop research and clinical ideas. This service is forward-thinking, open to new ideas and a holistic approach is taken to patient care and treatment.
If you would like to be part of working with an innovative and dynamic team; be able to develop and deliver up to date treatments; and work in a supportive environment then this is the place for you! This will be a personally and professionally rewarding role. The post-holder will be able to undertake non-clinical activities of interest e.g. research, teaching, governance and management - in an innovative way, and influence the direction of services in order for them to attain the best outcomes for our patients.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary team and oversee the management of patients with often complex needs. You will be able to promote innovation and improvement of services, with scope to develop your specialist interests and grow your remit and responsibilities. You will have an office and the support of an associate specialist as ward doctor and a full MDT including Clinical Administrators and Personal Assistants dedicated to your wards and service.
Travel allowance, pension, 32 days of Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays and your birthday off, free parking, sickness policy on par with the NHS, secretarial support and more
International Medical Graduates
We welcome applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker sponsorship to work in the UK and you will be considered alongside all other applications. Please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more details on how we can support you.
For further details please contact our Internal Recruitment Consultant, James Farrelly on 07827856634 email@example.com
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).