Health Care Assistant Overnight
Rennie Grove Hospice Care
This job is now closed
As a Health Care Assistant with Rennie Grove in the Overnight team, you'll support the Overnight team by:
- Visiting and spending time with patients and their families in their own homes.
- Responding to telephone calls and requests for patient visits.
- Working effectively with Primary Healthcare Teams.
Rennie Grove Band 3 £18,921 - £22,333 pa (pro rata)
Hours: 1 - 4 nights per week
Closing: 18 July 2022 at 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 25 July 2022
Main duties of the job
Visit and spend time with patients and families in their own homes. You'll therefore need:
- NVQ level 2 as a Health Care Assistant (you will be required to complete NVQ level 3 within the first year of employment)
- recent experience within a care setting
- relevant experience in assisting patients with their personal hygiene
- proven experience of working effectively in a team
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- good decision making skills
- ability to work effectively in an emotionally demanding environment
- a caring and empathetic approach
- ability to work autonomously and as an effective member of the team
- ability to maintain confidentiality.
At Rennie Grove Hospice Care, we're all about making every moment matter for our patients and families, and you can play your part in that. We provide care and support for adults and children diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illness, and their families, visiting day and night. It's important work and, to make it all happen, we need talented and passionate people.
We can offer:
- a supportive environment
- personal development
- flexible working
- opportunities to sustain your NHS pension
- opportunities to volunteer
- generous annual leave entitlement
- NMC registration fees paid
- passionate team with quality at the heart of what we do.
If successful, you'll join on the first working day of the month so we can best support you with our structured induction programme.
We encourage and strongly recommend our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Visit and spend time with patients and families in their own homes.
- Work overnight with patients and their families in the home environment, alongside a trained Nurse at all times.
- Respond to all telephone calls and requests for patient visits received via Bucks Urgent Care.
- Work effectively together and build relationships with specified Primary Healthcare Teams.
- Promote the Rennie Grove mission and values within the local community.
- Work within the Rennie Grove Competency and NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework.
For the full job description please read the supporting documents.
Knowledge and skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.