Senior Health Care Assistant
Rennie Grove Hospice Care
This job is now closed
Could you care for people nearing the end of their life and make a real difference at this important time?
Would you find it rewarding to support family members so that they can make every moment with their loved ones matter?
Are you looking for a job with flexible working opportunities offering a better work-life balance?
If you’ve answered yes to the questions above and you are passionate about helping people at the end of their lives to stay at home with their families, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the ongoing success of the Rapid Personalised Care Service, we continue to expand our service and are looking for new people to join our team as Senior Health Care Assistants. We have a range of flexible contracts available between 30 - 44 hours per week.
Working patterns of 'standard days' working 7.5 hours per day or 'long days' working 11 hours per day including weekend working available.
Salary: £10.58 - £12.15 per hour
Closing: 27 May 2022 at 12 noon
Applications will be reviewed and invited to interview as received. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should be find a successful applicant.
Main duties of the job
As a Senior Health Care Assistant in the RPCS you will be expected to:
- Weekend triage of new RPCS referrals and be the weekend and out of hours (where necessary) point of contact for patients, families and external healthcare professionals.
- Weekend monitoring and updating of health care assistant rotas and liaison with the agency to ensure adequate workforce in place.
- Complete new staff competency assessments to ensure high quality of care.
- Complete risk assessments and initial patient assessments as requested.
- Complete clinical visits to patient's homes as required and deliver personalised care and support to patients, families and carers at home for those requiring end of life support.
You will visit patients in their own homes across the Rennie Grove catchment area (Buckinghamshire/ west Hertfordshire) so a car and driving licence will be essential.
At Rennie Grove Hospice Care, we’re all about making every moment matter for our patients and families, and you can play your part in that. We provide care and support for adults and children diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illness, and their families. It’s important work and, to make it all happen, we need talented and passionate people.
We offer development, flexible working, opportunity to sustain your NHS pension, opportunities to volunteer and 27 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).
If successful, you'll join us on the first working day of the month so we can best support you with our structured induction programme.
We encourage and strongly recommend our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The post holder is expected to:
- Weekend triage of new referrals into the RPCS.
- Weekend point of contact for patients, their families and internal and external healthcare professionals.
- Out of hours contact according to the needs of the service.
- Weekend monitoring and updating of HCA rotas of patient visits.
- Weekend liaison with TLTP to ensure adequate workforce in place.
- Support the RPCS Lead/Senior Care Coordinator/Care Assessor by completing risk assessments as requested.
- Support the Care Assessor by completing initial patient assessments as requested.
- Complete new staff competency assessments in line with the RPCS competency framework to ensure high quality delivery of care across the team.
- Complete clinical visits to patient’s homes as required.
- Deliver agreed personalised care and support to patients, families and carers at home for those identified as requiring care and support at end of life.
- Competently work alone, as required, with patients and their families in the home environment and with remote support and guidance from the Care Assessor, Senior Care Coordinator and RCPS Lead.
- Work collaboratively with hospice and community partners.
- Promote the Rennie Grove philosophy within the local community.
- Work within the RPCS competency framework.
For a full job description, please read the attached job description in the supporting documents.
Knowledge and skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.