Community Dental Services CIC
This job is now closed
Dental Therapist, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract Part Time, 15 Hours
Hours: 15 hours, 2 days per week
Bases: Colchester Primary Care Centre, Turner Road, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5JR
Witham Health Centre, 4 Mayland Road, Witham, CM8 2UX
Salary: £35,392 - £42,618 per annum pro rata (Actual £14,156.80 - £17,047.20)
Do you want to make a difference? If so, why not consider a career with an award winning, dentally led social enterprise?
Community Dental Services CIC are looking for a Dental Therapist who identifies with our values as a Social Enterprise and are passionate about providing care for those most at need.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic Dental Therapists for this post based at Colchester Primary Care Centre and Witham Health Centre and to support clinics across Essex as required.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will deliver dental treatment and preventative care to patients and clients of Community Dental Services. Essex clinics provide dental care for many groups in the community including patients with additional needs. You may be required to support other clinics across the county and assist with general anaesthetic, sedation, domiciliary care, screening and epidemiological surveys.
As you will be expected to provide support to all clinics across Essex, the ability to visit all bases in the county is essential.
What do we offer?
- Part time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract, 15 hours per week
- Starting salary gross £35,392 per year, pro rata (Actual £14,156.80)
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, pro rata
- Dentally led, patient focused working environment that is not constrained by UDA targets
- Access to Corporate Pension Scheme
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Funded internal and external mandatory training to enable you to maintain your CPD
- Support with training for your wider professional development
- Paid indemnity
- Uniforms provided
- Become a shareholder and have a say in how our organisation is run at all levels
- Opportunity to play a key part in local social care initiatives
We recognise the positive value of having a workforce with a variety of lived experiences and that represent the communities we serve. Therefore, we welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community
Please ensure that you read the Job Description, which also includes the person specification, before applying.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details on duties and responsibilities.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).