Improved Access Service Administration Assistant
Care Unbound Ltd t/a Here
This job is now closed
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and bright, friendly individual to work in a busy and varied role requiring excellent administration and people skills. Working a mixture of shifts between 9:00 and 20.30 during the week as well as weekend working (between 8:00-14:00) this exciting role will be based in Brighton & Hove and also involve working from various locations across East Sussex.
The successful candidate will need to be able to drive and have access to a car as well as have diary/ rota management experience and excellent customer service skills. Working autonomously for some of the time, the ability to think quickly and adapt to changes as they happen and excellent IT (including trouble shooting) skills are essential. Experience working within the primary care sector would be an advantage but is not essential.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU REFER TO SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR FULL DETAILS
Main duties of the job
Supporting and managing the staffing rotas
Supporting complaints procedures
Supporting quality and patient safety procedures
Arranging training, site inductions and new staff compliance
Co-ordinating and attending /facilitating meetings
Other project related assistance
Manning the reception desk
We are a not-for profit, social enterprise delivering NHS services. Our members are local GPs, practice managers, practice nurses and our own staff.
We believe these things to be true...
- Care is something we can choose to show for ourselves and each other at any time. Care is not exclusive to an appointment or a medical intervention
- We have a right to take control of our lives
- It takes courage to step forward and effect change. The capacity to lead is within us all
- Every interaction can be powerful if we choose to engage consciously. We know the ripples from these movements can go on to create profoundly positive change
- True care is a way of living that creates meaning between us all
Our Purpose in the World: Care Unbound. To create more possibilities for care in every moment.
We believe in enabling people to take control of their health care journeys – we help to change the way health and wellbeing services work so care can focus on what matters to individuals.
We work to ensure that our culture is one that allows everyone to come to work as their ‘whole’ selves. We want to ensure that work is enjoyable and speaks to us on a level deeper than ‘just getting the job done’
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU REFER TO THE SUPPORTING INFORMATION FOR FULL DETAILS
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Organising the staffing rotas ensuring there are adequate staffing levels as per operational guidelines
- Managing staff enquiries regarding IAS shifts
- Sending regular reminder to all IAS staff of the shifts and other routine tasks to mitigate last minutes cancellations
- Ensuring any issues with staffing the rota are escalated to the IAS Assistant Managers
- Arranging the training and site inductions for all new IAS staff
- Supporting the IAS Assistant Managers to ensure all new staff added to the rota are compliant to statutory requirements and that the service holds the necessary documentation as per set guidelines
- Maintaining the staff database with details and paperwork for all staff and escalate any issues with staff compliance to the IAS Assistant Managers or the IAS Manager
- Arranging new staff access to practices' clinical systems
- Undertaking crosschecks across the whole service to ensure patient safety and service quality is being maintained as per the IAS protocols
- Monitoring the email inboxes & follow up any issues raised by patients or staff issues highlighting any concerns
- Support the service’s Complaints procedure
- Co-ordinate attend and/or facilitate meetings, and transcribe any minutes and notes as required.
- Other project related assistance as required by the Primary Care Development Managers
Reception Practice Support
- Man the reception desk when required during the IAS shift times and present a professional and courteous image to all service users, visitors and staff
- Welcome visitors and provides all possible assistance, including arrangements for access requirements, ensuring that the appropriate staff member is informed of their arrival
- Communicates courteously and politely at all times when dealing with enquiries
- Use of computer and paper based systems to perform administrative functions in order to support the administration of service provision in accordance with agreed standard processes and procedures, and within agreed timeframes. Ensuring the accuracy and quality of data recorded
- Work collaboratively to help develop and promote a positive working culture, encouraging staff participation and involvement in developing, improving and promoting the service
- Ensure adherence to efficient administrative processes within the service
- Work within services that attain high standards for access, quality, safety and patient engagement achieved through organisationally agreed objectives and goals.
Personal Performance Management
- Maintain productive relationships encouraging the giving and receiving of regular feedback to create and maintain a culture of constantly seeking to refine and improve the service.
- Engage with patients, internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with users of the service to understand people’s experience of the service and to measure levels of satisfaction
- Undertake any other duties required by the business as appropriate to the role.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Take responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
- Alert line manager to any issues compromising quality of projects and operational work streams
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
- Work with GP practices and other providers to work within risk management and health and safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to robust process for recording incidents, complaints, accidents and significant events
- To provide administrative support to assist with the development and management of any changes or new processes and systems that need implementing.
- To carry out any other appropriate duties as determined by the Primary Care Development Managers.
Health and safety
- Abide by all health and safety matters and keep up to date on Health and Safety Regulations and legislation.
As an employee of ‘Here’ you may gain knowledge of a highly confidential nature relating to the private affairs, diagnosis and treatment of patients, information affecting members of the public, matters concerning staff and details of items under consideration by ‘Here’. Under no circumstances should such information be divulged or passed to any unauthorized person. This includes holding conversations with colleagues concerning patients or staff in situations where the conversation may be overheard. Breaches of confidence will result in disciplinary action which may involve dismissal.
Our policies and practices are designed to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and service delivery. All staff are expected to comply with these policies and practices.
USE OF NEW TECHNOLOGY
We will make use of computer technology. Staff should expect to use automated information systems in their work in order to improve quality and co-ordination of services, and to enable faster and more accurate communication within and outside of the organisation.