Douglas Macmillan Hospice
The closing date is 14 August 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fundraising Assistant to work 3 days a week at our Dougie Mac Supporter Hub based in the reception area of our Adult Services. You will be part of a small team who are integral to maximising income generation opportunities whilst helping to ensure that our supporters receive a seamless & professional supporter experience.
Main duties of the job
On a day-to-day basis you will liaise face to face, by telephone & email, serving our much-valued supporters by receiving their donations & encouraging them to take part in our upcoming events & campaigns by cross-selling our array of Dougie Mac income generation initiatives. Your role will also include a variety of administrative tasks to support our Income Generation departments. We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, well-organised, target driven, proactive, compassionate & committed. Being calm & friendly when dealing with often sensitive matters is important. Good IT skills & the flexibility to work one in three Saturday’s as part of a team rota is also essential.
Dougie Mac is an open-culture organisation, underpinned by clear strategic aims, vision and values. The Hospices many different services provide patients, their families and carers, with physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual support ensuring that all are supported as they face death, dying and loss.
By joining Dougie Mac, you’ll be part of a dedicated team of professionals who are committed to delivering person-led, responsive and cost effective services of the highest quality. And you’ll be supported in your role to develop your skills and those of the people you work with. Staff at Dougie Mac are well-motivated, with professional development pathways, and given opportunities to be reflective in their roles through supervision, reflective practice and supportive line management.
The Hospice offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a contributory pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, funded study, free parking, Paycare and much more.
Based on our Supporter Hub our Community Fundraiser is the first point of contact for all donors wishing to support the Hospice. You will be welcoming new and existing supporters, by engaging with them to invite them to take part in our future events and campaigns or supporting them with their own fundraising activity. Working closely with our supporters to facilitate great relationships and engender donations for the whole of the income generation team. This role is integral to maximising all income generation opportunities and ensuring the highest quality donor relationships are developed and maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Welcome new and existing supporters to the hospice arising from visits, telephone calls and emails to the Supporter Hub. Deliver a public facing ‘one stop shop’ by ‘serving and responding’ to our supporters, ensuring quality relationships and supporter expectations are managed at all times.
2. Identify opportunities where supporters will pledge their support to the Hospice. Work closely with our team of Fundraisers to ensure that the supporter receives an excellent experience. This relationship is paramount to their fundraising success and the supporter journey with the hospice.
3. Take all supporters through our ‘donor journey process’, by supporting, encouraging and offering additional products as a source of revenue. Encourage the supporter to continue engaging with the hospice thus building on relationships to ensure ongoing support.
4. Maintain comprehensive records of all approaches and follow up contacts utilising the fundraising donor management IT package.
5. Raise awareness of all Income Generation streams as and when required including the cross-promotion of all hospice events and campaigns, identifying opportunities to sell other income generation products as routine.
6. Interact with all Income Generation teams to ensure an understanding and awareness of all current activities; as well as ensuring good communications with all departments in the Hospice, particularly with our Reception and Finance Team.
7. Promote Gift Aid as an additional source of revenue both face to face and over the telephone ensuring all processes are adhered to and that Gift Aid opportunities are maximised at all times.
8. Receive and record donations and gifts (monetary and non-monetary) and adhere to procedures, ensuring the issue of a receipt and the safe provision of money etc. Record outcomes on the hospice data management system; Donorflex and update procedural logs. Ensure safe transit of the donations to the relevant department.
9. Identify case study/good news story information to be communicated with our Marketing & Communications Team for potential coverage.
10. Support the operational elements of our collection tin and floor standing devices income stream. Arrange for rounds to be serviced in a timely manner using the support of a team of collection tin volunteers & work closely with our Finance Team to make them aware of the incoming donations due to be received into the hospice. Report closures of outlets & any missing collection tins to the Community Fundraising Team Leader. Use our donor database to support the management of our collection device outlets/servicing.
11. Undertake administrative/donation handling procedures which arise from our Dougie Bank income stream.
12. Undertake administrative/donation handling procedures from our foreign coin donation initiative.
13. Assist with tasks as directed by the Community Fundraising Team Leader relating to our Supporter Tree initiative/display.
14. Ensure supporter amendments to the database are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
15. Carry out additional administration tasks including the ordering of office stationery on behalf of the Fundraising Department and raising purchase orders for the Supporter Hub & Fundraising team when required.
16. Collate and utilise feedback to ensure we provide a first class service to all donors to cement relationships that in turn will yield maximum income from pledges.