This job is now closed
We are seeking a professional and enthusiastic General Manager, to join our dynamic team, in a fast-paced NHS environment at Acomb Garth.
Acomb Garth will be a community health centre that will provide primarily primary care services on behalf of the patients of York and potentially the HC&V ICS.
As the General Manager for Acomb Garth, you will be the initial contact and representative for the facility on behalf of Nimbuscare, supported by our the Head of Operations.
Main duties of the job
- You will have overall responsibility for the general management of facilities and be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge, skills and previous experience in a similar post.
- Working with the Head of Operations and Quality Team you will ensure that the premises meet CQC requirements and help prepare for internal and external inspections.
- You will develop productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and ensure smooth running of our community care environment, providing a high-quality experience to our patients and clinicians using the facility.
Nimbuscare is one of the largest 'at scale' providers of primary care in the North of England, caring for more than 250,000 people.
Our membership includes 11 GP Practices who are all passionate about delivering high quality local care for local people.
We work collaboratively across the York area, delivering new, innovative and sustainable health care services.
Building on the strengths of our individual member practices, we can also share the workload and meet the increasing challenges we face.
This approach allows us to share resources, expertise and services; work as one single entity to tender for services; and improve the way that services delivered by different GP practices and providers integrate.
As leaders in local care, our goal is to work together across the health and care system to improve the health, wellbeing and experience of the people we serve.
- In this ambassadorial role, you will be an integral part of the success of a revolutionary new platform for delivering health care within the community.
- The diverse nature of the premises means that you will need to establish and maintain close relationships with the community and voluntary sector as well as NHS stakeholders. The role will also involve working with the Nimbus communication and media team to promote services and you will be expected to support media campaigns on radio, social media and sometimes TV.
- The premises are part of the NHS Property Services portfolio and will be shared with TEWV Mental Health Services and there will be some communal areas.
- You will have demonstrable knowledge of Health and Safety practice, preferably in a multi tenanted environment
- You will effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth running of our community care environment, providing a high-quality experience to our patients and clinicians using the facility.
***Please review the job description for full details of the role and contact David Lightfoot if you have any further questions in respect of the role.***
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
For questions about the job, contact:
14 April 2022
£31,500 to £37,850 a year (Salary dependent on experience)