Social Worker (Maternity Cover)
St Ann’s Hospice
This job is now closed
Have you got what it takes?
- Are you an experienced Social Worker with skills relevant to palliative care social work?
- Can you demonstrate experience and knowledge in safeguarding adults?
- You must be passionate about our patients and a collaborative colleague
- Most importantly, you must be wholeheartedly committed to and motived by the purpose and values of St Anns Hospice.
''The team here is truly committed to making every day special, which is partly what makes St Anns such a unique place to work.''
Peter OBrien, Chaplaincy Support Worker
Main duties of the job
To provide specialist palliative care social work interventions and supportive care to people who access St Anns services.
Actively participate in service development and improvement. This will include service evaluation, education and involvement with relevant innovation programs and research.
To act as a source of expert advice and support regarding social work and safeguarding.
To deputise for the Safeguarding Lead as and when required. St Anns values are important for all staff and volunteers to ensure best use of resources to deliver a high quality service for all those who access the hospice.
At St Anns, there's one thing that motivates us, and that's providing excellent care and support to those living with or affected by life-limiting illnesses.
Were continuously developing our plans for delivering world-class, innovative care and to ensure St Anns is in the best shape possible for future generations.
You'll be challenged, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our purpose and to play your part in making a difference.
Contract: we are pleased to be able to offer this post as a 10 month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover).
Salary: Band 6 (£37,127 - £42,618) pro rata. Competency Based Framework.
Working Pattern:34 hours per week over 4 or 5 days.
Based at:Little Hulton with some cross site working at Heald Green.
Free Car Parking at both St Anns sites
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious, much loved charity and help us achieve our goals.
If you're looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Lisa Corbett on 07957642978, or 0161 498 3668 for an informal chat.
Please note : Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, the cost of which is covered by the hospice. St Anns Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and children.
Closing date: 07.12.2023
Interview date 12.12.2023
The Social Worker will:
- Embrace and implement the vision and values of St Anns Hospice.
- Work with and deputise for the Safeguarding Lead in ensuring robust safeguarding practice is embedded.
- In conjunction with the Team Leader, liaise with key stakeholders and external providers ensuring that the hospice maintains a high profile across health and social care.
- Maintain high standards of professional practice to ensure quality and safety of patient care, experience and the patient journey.
- Actively engage in the organsiational reporting system and action and monitor findings in relation to clinical services.
- Actively participate in clinical supervision, mentoring/coaching of self and others.
- Contribute, implement and maintain hospice policies to propose and implement changes to local policies relevant to patient and carer support.
- Directly provide specialist palliative social work interventions both within the hospice and community settings.
- To foster good working relationships and effectively communicate with members of the multi-disciplinary team, users of the service and other health & social care professionals.
- Work within the multidisciplinary team to lead and manage patient flow and clinical activity demonstrating innovative solutions to maximise resources.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).