People & Education Administrator
St Ann’s Hospice
This job is now closed
At St Anns, theres one thing that motivates us, and thats providing excellent care and support to those living with or affected by life-limiting illnesses.
Have you got what it takes?
- Are you an experienced Administrator?
Can you demonstrate excellent administration skills and experience of effectively prioritising and organising a busy workload?
- You must be passionate about our patients and a collaborative colleague.
- Most importantly, you must be wholeheartedly committed to and motived by the purpose and values of St Anns Hospice.
"I am really proud to be part of Team St Anns, and I am always inspired by how everyone really does go the extra mile to support each other and our patients and their loved ones"
Emma Dixon, Director of Clinical Services
Main duties of the job
The People & Education Administrator plays a key role in supporting the People and Culture Department and the organisation to provide a first class People and Education administration service for both employees and volunteers.
The role involves building professional relationships with key stakeholders and supporting the team to deliver its People & Culture strategy.
The People & Education Administrator will support recruitment, administration of leavers, maternity, paternity and shared parental leave, education, external education and strategic projects and initiatives as well as dealing with queries and supporting managers.
The postholder will maintain the People database, the paper filing system and undertake project work under the direction of the Head of People & Culture.
Were continuously developing our plans for delivering world-class, innovative care and to ensure StAnns is in the best shape possible for future generations.
Youll be challenged, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our purpose and to play your part in making a difference.
Contract: we are pleased to be able to offer this post as a permanent part-time position.
Salary: St Anns Band 3, £22,893 pro rata, Competency Based Framework.
Working pattern: 30 hours per week over 4 days (Tuesday to Friday)
Based at: Heald Green, with one day a week at Little Hulton.
Free Car Parking at both St Anns Sites
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious, much loved charity and help us achieve our goals.
If youre looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you. Please call Michelle Bradbury, Head of People & Culture for an informal discussion on 0161 498 3632.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Standard Disclosure & Barring Service Check. The cost of which is covered by the hospice.
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
We reserve the right to close and interview prior to the dates outlined below.
St Anns Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and children.
Closing Date: 6th December 2023
Interview Date: 14th December 2023
The People & Education Administrator will:
- Deal with People and Education related queries on the phone, face to face and email.
- Be aware of the hospices People policies and provide information where appropriate, referring to members of the People team working in an advisory capacity when required.
- Administer maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave processes.
- Ensure all employee and volunteer professional registration details are current and up-to-date.
- Collate all payroll information and send to the Payroll Manager as required.
- Administer recruitment and selection activity.
- Prepare and issue offer letters, contracts of employment and volunteer agreements, as appropriate.
- Process all pre-employment and pre-volunteering checks.
- Process leavers files and documentation.
- Undertake DBS checks.
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper files for employees and volunteers.
- Provide administrative support for all departmental projects, initiatives and other activity as directed.
- Co-ordinate administration for external Education, organisational induction, Clinical and Non Clinical education, including safeguarding training.
- Arrange external and internal bookings onto education events.
- Develop / set up the LMS to create education packages for staff and volunteers.
- Administer reports on eLearning and Mandatory Training
- Administer and maintain People and Education records on the People Database.
- Co-ordinate student placements, with direction from the Education and Training Manager.
- Research and improve ways of working to support continuous improvement.