Bank Specialist Physiotherapist
St Ann’s Hospice
This job is now closed
Have you got what it takes?
- Are you an experienced Physiotherapist with interest or skills in Palliative Care?
- Can you demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member, managing competing priorities?
- You must be passionate about our patients and a collaborative colleague.
- Most importantly, you must be wholeheartedly committed to and motivated by the purpose and values of St Anns Hospice.
''Its like a family at the hospice, and everyone really gets stuck in to support each other, whatever challenge is thrown at them.''
Emma Dixon, Director of Clinical Services
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will be responsible for contributing to the effective delivery of physiotherapy services to inpatients and outpatients at the hospice.
- The postholder will carry out clinical duties in accordance with hospice policies, procedures and standards.
- The post holdermust act in accordance with professional Codes of Conduct at all times and will contribute and work collaboratively with the wider MDT in line with the clinical and hospice strategy, values and business objectives.
- The post holder will deliver specialist clinical services as a Bank Physiotherapist.
- St Anns delivers a service across 2 sites and the post holder will lead a service that delivers services across both sites. There will therefore be occasions where you are required to travel and provide cross-site cover.
At St Anns, theres one thing that motivates us, and thats providing excellent care and support to those living with or affected by life-limiting illnesses.
Were continuously developing our plans for delivering world-class, innovative care and to ensure St Anns is in the best shape possible for future generations.
Youll be challenged, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our purpose and to play your part in making a difference.
Salary: Band 6 Bank £19.04 per hour
Working pattern: Ad hoc to cover service needs between 08.00 and 17.00 Monday to Friday.
Based at: Heald Green with some cross-site cover to Little Hulton as needed.
Free Car Parking at both St Anns Sites.
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious, much loved charity and help us achieve our goals. If youre looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Fran Brown, Rehab Team Lead or Bobby Magee, Lead Physiotherapist on 0161 498 3659 for an informal chat.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, the cost of which is covered by the hospice.
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
St Anns Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and children.
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
Interview Date: 20th December 2023
The Bank Physiotherapist will:
- Assess and develop Physiotherapy treatment plans to meet the needs of a range of patients with palliative care/life limiting conditions in both an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Lead, assess, plan and facilitate timely and effective discharges from the in-patient unit in conjunction with the MDT.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to promote and assist the delivery of effective personalised rehabilitation services.
- Support student and assistant practitioner learning and education when on duty.
- Be aware of and contribute to delivering and maintaining the requirements of the Care Quality Commission.
- Facilitate group programmes/ sessions on topics relevant to the profession of Physiotherapy.
- Use the incident reporting system appropriately.
- Support the collection of relevant data and patient feedback to assist with service development and organisational needs.
- Maintain their own professional development in line with HCPC requirements.
The Bank Physiotherapist will be able to:
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).