Trainee Rehabilitation Assistant Practitioner (Apprenticeship)
St Ann’s Hospice
This job is now closed
Have you got what it takes?
- Do you have an interest or experience of working in Palliative Care? Are you motivated to progress to a Band 4 Assistant Practitioner role in the Rehabilitation team?
- Can you demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member, managing competing priorities with in and outpatients in a variety of settings?
- You must be passionate about our patients a collaborative colleague and strong communicator.
- Most importantly, you must be wholeheartedly committed to and motived by the purpose and values of St Anns.
At St Anns, theres one thing that motivates us, and thats providing excellent care and support to those living with or affected by life-limiting illnesses.
Were continuously developing our plans for delivering world-class, innovative care and to ensure St Anns is in the best shape possible for future generations.
Youll be challenged, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our purpose and to play your part in making a difference.
''Im really proud to be part of Team St Anns, Im always inspired by how everyone really does go the extra mile to support each other and their patients and their loves ones.''
Emma Dixon, Head of Clinical Services
Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- have a key role in the supporting the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services by the cross-site Rehabilitation Team.
- be an integral part of the multidisciplinary team developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal colleagues and external referrers/stakeholders to support timely and efficient access, service provision and discharge from the service
- maintain confidentiality & data protection regarding all personal information and hospice activity, operating within current legislation
- work as an effective & responsible cross site team member, organising, managing and prioritising own workload supporting other areas of the team as needed.
As part of the Trainee Outpatient Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship, the postholder will undertake the Health & Social Care Assistant Practitioner (Health) Higher Apprenticeship, Level 4. On successful completion of this, they will be appointed to the Band 4, Rehabilitation Assistant Practitioner position.
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious, much loved charity and help us achieve our goals.
Contract: Fixed Term to Permanent (2-year fixed term apprenticeship, permanent Outpatient AssistantPractitioner on successful completion of apprenticeship)
Salary: Hospice Band 3 (£22,893 - £24,397) for the duration of the training. Hospice Band 4 on successful completion of the training programme. Competency Based Framework.
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday. (20% off site study)
Based at: Cross Site, Heald Green and Little Hulton
Free Car Parking at both St Anns Sites.
This opportunity is part of an Apprenticeship scheme and the postholder will undertake the Health & Social Care Assistant Practitioner (Health) Higher Apprenticeship, Level 4 during the first 2 years in post. On successful completion of this, they will be appointed to the Band 4, Rehabilitation Assistant Practitioner position.
If youre looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Fran Brown-Rehab Team leader or Bobby Magee Lead Physiotherapist for an informal chat on0161 498 3659.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check, the cost of which is covered by the hospice.
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
St Anns Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and children.
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
Interview Date: 5th December 2023
The Trainee Rehabilitation Assistant Practitioner will:
- Support with non-complex therapy assessments and treatments under the guidance of qualified therapists.
- Work with patients to identify problems, agree treatment goals and formulate individualised rehab plans under the guidance of qualified therapists.
- Support the delivery of rehab plans agreed by other therapists.
- Assist with the training and support of rehabilitation team volunteers, internal and external staff in relation to palliative rehabilitation.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of Moving and Handling training for staff (once qualified as a key trainer).
- Support the organisation and delivery of group sessions including exercise, falls prevention under therapist direction.
- Support timely and effective discharge planning under the guidance of a qualified therapist.
- Support community visits alongside the qualified therapist.
- Foster good working relationships and communicate with the multi-disciplinary team, other healthcare professionals and service users in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain equipment stock levels and ensure storage areas are kept tidy and safe.
- Support the team with admin duties as required.
- Represent the rehabilitation team at handovers and meetings as required.
- Undertake the Health & Social Care Assistant Practitioner (Health) Higher Apprenticeship, Level 4.