Outpatient Clinical Services Secretary
St Ann’s Hospice
This job is now closed
Have you got what it takes?
- Are you a good communicator with excellent administrative skills?
- Can you demonstrate the ability to work within a team and also manage your own workload efficiently and effectively?
- You must be passionate about our patients and a collaborative colleague
- Most importantly, you must be wholeheartedly committed to and motived by the purpose and values of St Anns Hospice.
Main duties of the job
Provide a comprehensive clinical administrative service to support outpatient clinical services in the hospice setting.
Maintain confidentiality & data protection regarding all personal information and hospice activity, operating within current legislation.
Establish and maintain excellent communication systems with internal colleagues and external referrers/stakeholders to support timely and efficient service provision and discharges from services.
Work as an effective & responsible team member, organising, managing and prioritising own workload supporting other areas of the team as needed.
At St Anns, theres one thing that motivates us, and thats providing excellent care and support to those living with or affected by life-limiting illnesses.
Were continuously developing our plans for delivering world-class, innovative care and to ensure St Anns is in the best shape possible for future generations.
Youll be challenged, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our purpose and to play your part in making a difference.
Contract: We are pleased to be able to offer this post as a part- time permanent position.
Salary: St Anns Band 3 £22,893 -£24,397 pro rata, Competency Based Framework.
Working pattern: 22.5 hours per week (Monday- Wednesday)
Based at: Cross Site, Heald Green and Little Hulton
Free Car Parking at both St Anns Sites.
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious, much loved charity and help us achieve our goals. If youre looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Anne Shepherd on 0161 702 5434 for an informal chat.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Standard DBS Check, the cost of which is covered by the hospice. St Anns Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and children.
The Outpatient Clinical Services Secretary will
- Be a point of contact for patients, carers & other agencies/disciplines where there could be barriers to understanding.
- Provide comprehensive administrative services to support clinical services in the outpatient setting, working closely with clinical and medical colleagues and liaising with external healthcare professionals
- Be able to manage own workload effectively and efficiently, utilizing established patterns of priority to support with competing demands
- Contribute to timely and effective patient flow through outpatient services by supporting the administration for new referrals and discharges from outpatient services using electronic patient record.
- Support the administration relating to bereavement support.
- Support with timely delivery of data/information requirements
- Participate in the provision of cover and support all clinical administration colleagues(staff and volunteers) as required
- Support clinical team leaders with adhoc administrative tasks/projects to enable them to focus on clinical care.
- Uphold the hospice values and promote a culture that respects and recognizes diversity.