St Ann’s Hospice
This job is now closed
Have you got what it takes?
- Are you an enthusiastic team player with good communication skills who is honest and reliable?
- Can you demonstrate experience working in a similar role, working to the highest standards?
- You must be passionate about our patients and a collaborative colleague
- Most importantly, you must be wholeheartedly committed to and motived by the purpose and values of St Anns Hospice.
Main duties of the job
To support the work of the hospice in its provision of specialist palliative care by assisting the Head Cook to meet the aims and objectives of the Support Services team.
The Catering Assistant plays a fundamental part in supporting the catering provision by ensuring all catering requirements for all the staff, and patients are met that the hospice premises remain clean and tidy at all times. The role requires someone who can show sensitivity and empathy as we support our patients and their families whilst in our care.
The Catering Assistant will be a required to work cross site when required.
At St Anns, theres one thing that motivates us, and thats providing excellent care and support to those living with or affected by life-limiting illnesses.
Were continuously developing our plans for delivering world-class, innovative care and to ensure St Anns is in the best shape possible for future generations.
Youll be challenged, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our purpose and to play your part in making a difference.
Contract: we are pleased to be able to offer this post as a part-time permanent position.
Salary: Band 2 £22,383 pro rata, Competency Based Framework
Working Pattern: 22.5 hours per week. (4.5 hours per day, 5/7 on a flexible rota) Enhancements of between 30% and 60% for weekend, bank holidays, unsocial hours.
Based at: Little Hulton
Free Car Parking at both St Ann's Hospice sites.
This is an exciting time to join an ambitious, much loved charity and help us achieve our goals. If youre looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Please call Mark for an informal discussion on 0161 498 3624
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Standard DBS Check, the cost of which is covered by the hospice. St Anns Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and children.
Interview Date: 8th September 2023
The Catering Assistant will:
- Help in the provision of the catering function for patients, staff and visitors
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness for all patients, staff and visitors
- Be responsible for the correct use of equipment
- Support the Head Cook with implementation of the food safety management system.
- Be aware of the infection control measures and comply with the hospice cleaning manual
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Wash up crockery, cutlery and other utensils used for preparing food
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of basic food dishes
- Be willing to support the support services team across the catering and housekeeping provision