Education & Development Manager
St Ann’s Hospice
This job is now closed
Have you got what it takes?
- Do you have a background in Education & Development with excellent facilitation skills and the ability to motivate and inspire?
- Do you hold a Learning & Development qualification (CIPD or similar) at Level 7 or have equivalent experience?
- Do you have experience of leading Education & Development interventions, in line with organisation strategy?
- Are you adaptable and agile in your approach, with the ability to make things happen
- Most importantly, you must be wholeheartedly committed to and motivated by the purpose and values of St Anns Hospice
Main duties of the job
In collaboration with Executive Directors and Heads of Department, the postholder will proactively support the design, development, implementation and evaluation of the hospices internal and external education programme. This will deliver sustainable improvements in individual, team and organisational performance and support implementation of the hospices strategy.
A copy of our Hospice strategy can be found using the link below:
At St Anns we have an ambitious strategy to lead the sector in education, research and innovation. We are continuously developing our plans to provide an outstanding learning experience, whilst working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to build our reputation as a leader in this sector.
Contract: we are pleased to be able to offer this post as a full time permanent position
Salary: £44,473- £50,056, Competency Based Framework
Basedat: Heald Green with cross site travel to Little Hulton
Working Pattern:37.5 hours per week over 5 days
Free Parking at both sites
You will be joining at an exciting time as we progress with plans for our new hospice site with a dedicated Education and Research Centre. If you are looking for a new challenge, where you will be inspired and empowered in supporting us to achieve our ambitious strategy we would love to hear from you.
Please call Michelle Bradbury, Head of People & Culture for an informal discussion on 0161 498 3632
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Standard Disclosure & Barring Service Check. The cost of which is covered by the hospice.
St Anns Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and children
Interview Date: 22nd September
* Please note that there will be a presentation as part of the interview
The Education and Development Manager will
- In consultation with departmental leads and subject experts, ensure the development, delivery and evaluation of a comprehensive learning and development programme aligned to the hospices strategy, meeting workforce requirements, ensuring compliance with legislation and regulatory standards and responding to themes and trends from incidents and patient feedback
- Ensure there is a robust process for recording and reporting education and development. This will include managing, monitoring and developing the Learning Management System (LMS) for staff and volunteers
- Promote an outstanding learning environment and culture
- Lead the organisational induction programme
- Lead the annual Performance and Development Review (PDR) process ensuring effective implementation, continuous improvement of individual PDR meetings and redesign of the PDR process, where appropriate
- Design, deliver and facilitate leadership development initiatives including the hospices Leadership Exchange Network (LEN) and Inspire and Aspire leadership development programmes
- Develop and implement in-house coaching and mentoring
- Support the ongoing development of the hospices education and research centre
- Proactively manage the hospices apprenticeship levy budget and external funding relationships ensuring the levy is used to maximise opportunities and deliver the hospices strategy
- Lead on the development and marketing of an external clinical and non-clinical education programme
- Support the development of clinical supervision for all levels of clinical staff within the organisation
- Support clinical leaders to plan student placements in conjunction with local universities ensuring standards and objectives of any contractual arrangements are met
- Ensure newly qualified nurses are supported with a robust preceptorship programme
- Use an effective evaluation framework to measure impact and value of all learning and development interventions
- Develop, review and implement education and development policies and procedures
- Design and deliver training programmes for external customers
- Maximise external funding streams, e.g. grants, sponsorships etc and other opportunities for income generation
- Engage in partnership working and collaboration with external organisations, e.g. Universities, GM Hospices
- Develop and maintain appropriate procedures for research governance
- Support hospice colleagues with research proposals and presentations at national and international conferences
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the hospices People & Culture Strategy
- In collaboration with the Head of People and Culture ensure delivery and continuous improvement against the Investors in People framework
- Contribute to the setting of the People and Culture budget for learning and development resources and monitor spend against budget
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably assigned