Programme Manager - System MSK transformation
Alexin Healthcare CIC
This job is now closed
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the development and implementation of a system wide plan across Derby and Derbyshire to deliver the workforce growth and transformation required to achieve the objectives of the System MSK programme.
This role will enable you to make a genuine and direct contribution to improving the lives of people in Derby and Derbyshire who are affected by MSK conditions through ensuring we have people with the right skills in the right place to provide the health and care services they need.
Main duties of the job
This exciting new project role will have responsibilities to: -
o Build a comprehensive baseline understanding of the current workforce across the MSK pathway.
o Develop a patient centred and integrated workforce model which considers.
· Population health needs
· Health inequalities
· Transformation opportunities
· The needs of the patient
· the roles to be played by wider system partners such as the voluntary sector.
o Formulate a plan which informs the supply of workforce and training programmes needed by the health and care system to deliver high quality care in the future.
o Develops collaborative relationships across the system to support recruitment, retention, support, and development of staff
o Improves the offer for current and prospective staff which leverages the development opportunities across the different elements of the MSK pathway within the Derbyshire system to improve recruitment and retention
Health Education Derbyshire Training Hub sits under Alexin Healthcare CIC. Both the Training Hub and Alexin Healthcare are focused on developing and supporting Primary Care.
We are looking for a self-motivated and independent working individual whom can support in the smooth running of the services provided by the organisation
1. Workforce profiling
· Identify current specialist capacity to support and implement a workforce framework
· Create a baseline for current workforce – across the MSK workforce pathway
· Provide a system visioning event - clinical engagement to support MSK workforce planning/design. Model
· Secure Public Health input to support population health MSK needs across the county
2. Forecast needs including
· Quality of service delivery
· Costs of elements of MSK services
· Areas of duplication
· Potential for new ways of working
· Envisioning a future model which covers multiple scenarios
· Prepare for probable outcomes
· Explore the potential for the development of new roles being mindful to have input from voluntary sector colleagues.
· Develop roles which better support patients with long term conditions who may also have comorbidities/frailty and need extra support to self-manage their condition.
· Analyse the current and future population health needs of the county to identify
what will be required and where that will be required using local intelligence
3. Analyse gaps
· Review the current baseline and against the forecast needs to understand the gaps
· Identify issues and desired outcomes
4. Develop Strategies
· Identify changes required to fill the gaps identified.
· Agree workforce model/redesign roadmap
· Determine what the 'Future Workforce' looks like and develop a strategy to achieve it.
· Develop and cost business cases
· Gain system agreement to the strategy
5. Implement strategies
· Develop an implementation plan for the changes required ensuring that they have owners, and any dependencies are clearly defined
· Implement training/recruitment.
6.Monitor and Evaluate
· Develop a plan to regularly ensure that assumptions, needs, and workforce are in line with the plan
· Ensure that there is a process to report any deviations from the plan to ensure that action can be take where appropriate
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.