Cross sector training Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician
Alexin Healthcare CIC
This job is now closed
This role is being advertise for a really exciting opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and competencies to achieve a QCF Level 3 and BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences through a structured rotational training program with General Practice, and community pharmacy in order to register as Pharmacy Technician. The successfully appointed candidate will be based out of Derwent Valley Medical Practice working up to 30 hours per week.
All applicants need to reside within the UK.
Main duties of the job
Full information regarding skills required is within the job description and person specification. The requirements obviously vary depending on the location of work (primary care, or dispensary areas).
You will be employed up to 30 hours per week by Derwent Valley Medical practice part of the Greater Derby Primary Care Network.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who wants to learn, develop and support the workforce.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Respond to prescription requests from patients, nursing/care home staff, pharmacy staff and GPs, processing them within 48 hours for routine prescriptions and same day for urgent prescriptions. This can include re-routing prescriptions to out of hours pharmacies for same day delivery.
2. Use practice and CCG templates to record near patient monitoring for high risk drugs.
3. Identify blood tests, recalls and reviews using established protocols and forward these to the appropriate clinician.
4. Review hospital discharge notifications and reconcile medication against current repeats, flagging up and highlighting discrepancies.
5. Support practice prescribing budgets by on-going monitoring, audit and analysis of drug use and support practices in reviewing, developing, and enhancing cost-effective prescribing. This includes staying aware of latest QIPP and other cost targets.
6. Help review medication with the Pharmacists and make recommendations for prescribing changes to improve outcome and ensure prescribing of the most cost-effective product
7. Conduct regular audits on medicines storage and waste, ensuring local and national guidelines are adhered to and issues are reported to the appropriate party.
8. Perform face to face reviews with patients and ensure results are recorded and reported to the clinical pharmacist, practice pharmacist or GP.
9. Produce recommendations to reduce medicines waste
10. Support prescribing clerks by helping with queries relating to prescription requests and look for ways to improve the efficiency and safety of the prescription issuing process, ensuring queries are resolved and scripts issues in line with the timeframe in the practice procedure (usually 2 working days).
11. Participate in practice clinical meetings, patient participation groups, and other meetings to improve engagement of the role of PTPT within the GP model and to promote issues relevant to prescribing and medicines optimisation
12. Support the Pharmacist in implementing drug withdrawals and alerts e.g. MHRA alerts.
Dispensary work area duties
1. To dispense prescriptions in accordance with professional and ethical standards laid down by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
2. To assist in stock management including date checking; recalls and alerts.
3. To serve customers/patients according to their requirements and in line with pharmacy policies to deliver high quality, exemplar customer service.
4. To issue medication to patients and counsel them on the correct and safe usage of their medication so that patients feel well informed and able comply with their medication regimen by the end of the training period.
To document errors and support process review and improvement to reduce internal and external error rates in accordance with clinical governance guidelines
To take responsibility for specific areas of work or projects as may be agreed from time to time, including contributing towards team goals and objectives.
To assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the work areas, equipment, and clothing.
To ensure a tidy work environment, so that space is effectively utilised and bench space is kept clear and clean, so good dispensing practice is maintained this includes stock rotation and expiry checks.
To ensure all complaints about the service are recorded and dealt with effectively and promptly according to procedure.
To undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
Communication and Relationship Skills
Analytical and Judgement skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Alexin Healthcare CIC
For help with your application, contact:
02 September 2021
£4.62 to £8.91 an hour